1. [​IMG]

An app that will change Android lives forever. A copy and paste app! And yes, it even works in Gmail! I know, I know, HTC

Advertisement
  2. ranova

ranova Well-Known Member

will test out the trial, thanks - if it works well this is hella tight!
  3. 02keilj

02keilj Well-Known Member

So it actually derives the text from the images? As opposed to making a small image of the text?
    I cannot watch the video from where I am sorry :(

EDIT: Got the video to work, purchasing full app now :D
  4. Harry2

Harry2 Well-Known Member

Does it paste in the Desire stock dialer window?:)

Harry
  5. Super Noob

Super Noob Well-Known Member

$4 for a copy and paste app? Maybe I'll give it a try, but this weekend I tried about 5 copy apps and stayed with the FREE Clipdroid.

I have about 18 things copied right now in the list that I can bring up any time and paste. I can even enter text and have it saved for future use also.

Clipdroid - Android app on AppBrain
  6. wmtoandroid

wmtoandroid Well-Known Member

Requires a rooted phone :(

Looks like a nice app, but $4 is steep...
  7. BiGMERF

BiGMERF Well-Known Member

3.99 is a bit steep for the app.
  8. ranova

ranova Well-Known Member

That's not even close to the same functionality of this app... have you watched the video?

$4 IS steep, I would buy it at $2 right away.
  9. w_bovine

w_bovine Well-Known Member

Yeah...it does seem a tad on the high side for a one trick pony, but that video sure makes it look slick! I'm still debating...
  10. grainysand

grainysand Well-Known Member

Eh. I can already copy paste from gmail, which was the major thing I was missing from android copy-paste, so color me lukewarm.
  11. DarthBane

DarthBane Member

I think the price is good. It can copy text from images/pictures, that's awesome.
  12. wmtoandroid

How can you copy and paste from gmail? Rooted? If so, the value of this app just went down because it leaves only OCR copy and paste as it's main feature and I'm not sure there's a lot of need for something like that.
  13. A.Nonymous

A.Nonymous Well-Known Member

It's kind of a stretch to call copy/paste "An app that will change Android lives forever." I've had my Dinc for over a month now and had no idea until this thread that I couldn't copy/paste from Gmail. I can't say that I've ever used the copy/paste function from anywhere else either. I'm always skeptical of apps that require me to void my warranty on my phone in order to use them. I mean, I'm sure they work and aren't malicious, but it's a high price to pay IMO.
    Texas2685 likes this.
  14. pinhead875

pinhead875 Well-Known Member

I would pay $2-3 for the app, based on the video.
    If I had a huge need for copy/paste, I would buy it.
    Awesome looking app, for sure. Nice job, dev(s).
  15. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice VIP Member

Awesome app from the looks of things. I don't think I copy/paste enough to purchase it but I'll check out the trial version and decide from there :)
  16. TheBiles

TheBiles Well-Known Member

You have an option to select text in Gmail on AOSP ROMs.
  17. BiGMERF

BiGMERF Well-Known Member

i agree, that you for pointing that out
  18. OstrichSaK

OstrichSaK Well-Known Member

Great app for a buck but for $4 I'll pass.
  19. Jennster

Jennster New Member

make the price $1, and i'll buy
  20. shawn1224

shawn1224 Ex CEO-DNPSEA foundation VIP Member

Make it free and I might be won over
  21. wmtoandroid

The app is almost 2MB! Even if it was free (and I was rooted), I'd really have to give it some thought as space on my device is limited as it is.
  22. shawn1224

shawn1224 Ex CEO-DNPSEA foundation VIP Member

If you're worried about a 2MB app then you might want to consider froyo and A2SD.

I gave this app a trial run and the character recognition is still buggy at best. I'll wait till it's out of beta if I ever decide to purchase it.
  23. wmtoandroid

I'm patiently waiting for the official HTC update for Froyo... since I'm in Canada, I don't expect it soon :(
  24. Roze

Roze Hiding behind a mystery VIP Member

You'll also have to wait for the dev to enable App2SD for the app as well!