• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories $15 - 2600mah Extended Batteries - eBay

Really? I have seen people leave feedback for these sellers in around a weeks time..

So, either the shipping is reasonably fast, or some of the responses are bogus. Either way, not in a huge pinch, but I will keep hoping its sooner rather than later. ;)

It depends on where the seller is shipping from. Hong Kong is a safe bet of 2-3 weeks. Might get there a little earlier than that, but could also take longer if it gets stuck in customs. So 2-3 weeks is a general average :)

Upvote 0
It depends on where the seller is shipping from. Hong Kong is a safe bet of 2-3 weeks. Might get there a little earlier than that, but could also take longer if it gets stuck in customs. So 2-3 weeks is a general average :)

Well, like i was saying, for this seller (who is shipping out of HK exclusively), people have left feedback saying they got it in a week... either its fake or they are shipping fast.

Case in point: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250653585903#ht_1258wt_975
Purchased 19th, Feedback on the 23rd.

hey, a guy can dream, no? :D

Upvote 0
I went ahead and ordered the extended battery from verizon and got it in 2 business days. I still plan on purchasing one on eBay.

So, i now have on-hand the 1300mah, 1500mah, and 2150mah -- all oem by HTC.

With conservative use...
1300mah lasts me about 7-8 hours
1500mah lasts me about 10 hours

You may think that the battery times seem decent, but it lasts me that long only because i try to conserve the battery and refrain from using all of the phone's functions.

I will test the 2150mah battery and provide a little more detail in usage.

Upvote 0
Any of you guys get yours, yet? Please post pics. I'm curious to see/hear how the cover fits, accommodates the camera and flash and how long you get on a charge. I'm real close to getting the 2150 from Verizon but if this is really 100% more power than OEM, for $14 and doesn't make the phone look like garbage, I'm all over it!

Upvote 0
Just got mine today with the charger. They actually seem pretty decent quality. They're only 1100mAh though. I'm going to email the seller and ask for a refund since that's not what I bought. :)

Either way I'm happy though, lol..

Say what? Did they send a smaller battery but extended back? Oy...

I'm checking my mail today.. hopefully, i receive a cell somewhat close to what they advertise.. :p

Upvote 0
No, the 1500mAh is the same size as the stock battery, so no back is needed. They're labeled 1500mAh, but these batteries are 4.07 Whr and 3.7DCV. Calculating the mAh results in 1100mAh, not 1500mAh. I just emailed the seller asking how we can "remedy the situation" lol. I'm hoping for either a refund, or maybe they'll send me something, who knows.

Upvote 0
No, the 1500mAh is the same size as the stock battery, so no back is needed. They're labeled 1500mAh, but these batteries are 4.07 Whr and 3.7DCV. Calculating the mAh results in 1100mAh, not 1500mAh. I just emailed the seller asking how we can "remedy the situation" lol. I'm hoping for either a refund, or maybe they'll send me something, who knows.

Where did you see a Whr rating and voltage rating on the battery?

Upvote 0
I'm always amazed at how quickly items from Hong Kong get here. I once ordered a book from Amazon and a backpack from eBay/Hong Kong on the same day. The backpack got here before the book.

That's probably because Amazon put the book on a truck whereas everything from HK comes into the US via air. You're probably close to an airmail hub.

Upvote 0
If I'm looking at this battery cover for this battery right (on the eBay page), it certainly looks like the cover thickens the entire phone in places where it doesn't need to be thickened...meaning it would be hollow and flexible/flimsy in those areas behind the cover?

It also means you will NEVER find a case that would fit or could be modded to fit that battery cover.

The price is right (IF it's even CLOSE to the right mAh) - but I like VZW's extended battery cover better simply because I can at least mod my case to fit it.

Still interested to see what kind of life these batteries really get.

Upvote 0
If I'm looking at this battery cover for this battery right (on the eBay page), it certainly looks like the cover thickens the entire phone in places where it doesn't need to be thickened...meaning it would be hollow and flexible/flimsy in those areas behind the cover?

It also means you will NEVER find a case that would fit or could be modded to fit that battery cover.

The price is right (IF it's even CLOSE to the right mAh) - but I like VZW's extended battery cover better simply because I can at least mod my case to fit it.

Still interested to see what kind of life these batteries really get.

Ya. I think I'm going with the 2150 because I like the cover better.
If I could find the cover like Verizon has on eBay, then I'd get that and get the 2600mah battery.

Does anyone know if the 2150 and 2600 mah batteries are the same size?

Upvote 0
Yeah I ordered the 1500 from hong kong when I had my Eris they got worse life then the 1300 . I'm guessing these 2600 are more along the lines of 2200

Anywhere from 2000-2200 would be acceptable.

AS for the back, the ebay pics make it look MUCH better than the hunchback monstrosity that the VZ sells. It may be hollow, but i much prefer that look to the hunchback; now just waiting to actually get the darned thing to be proven right. :p

Upvote 0
Ya. I think I'm going with the 2150 because I like the cover better.
If I could find the cover like Verizon has on eBay, then I'd get that and get the 2600mah battery.

Does anyone know if the 2150 and 2600 mah batteries are the same size?

They are nearly identical in size. I just got my battery yesterday.

For $13.98, the deal is worth it for the back cover ALONE - the phone feels incredibly nice, better than the hunchback of a cover for the extended battery by HTC. The phone is much thicker, probably two iPhone 4s thick, but it's just more ergonomic. I haven't yet tested the battery. Consider that the OEM back cover is $15.

I'll try to take pictures tomorrow.

Upvote 0
They are nearly identical in size. I just got my battery yesterday.

For $13.98, the deal is worth it for the back cover ALONE - the phone feels incredibly nice, better than the hunchback of a cover for the extended battery by HTC. The phone is much thicker, probably two iPhone 4s thick, but it's just more ergonomic. I haven't yet tested the battery. Consider that the OEM back cover is $15.

I'll try to take pictures tomorrow.

Well, its nice to know that they did ship to some people. I am leaving on a trip today.. would be really cool if i got it in the mail before i left.. :)

Upvote 0
Well, thankfully the battery was cool, and decided to arrive today. So, rather than make a whole new thread, I will just do a mini-review here and perhaps make a complete one after my trip...

Shipping:
As stated, these are shipping from Hong Kong, and mine took around two weeks to arrive. When it did, it came in a padded envelope, and contained just a bag that held the case and battery. Thankfully it arrived ok, but there is the potential for damage in shipping.

Look and Feel:
Battery: Certainly thick enough - around 1.75x the thickness of the stock battery. The label perhaps isn't the most optimistic, with it saying:
"Replacement For
HTC Hero200
Proid incredible"
The caps and misspelling is exactly on the label.

The other bits of info are the 3.7VDC, 2600mAh, with no Watt/H info given.

Case: The case ia m actually a little more impressed in. It has a very similar feel to the original back, but it is 2x the thickness. They also did a very good job on keeping even the original lines from the regular back - it really looks like the original just stretched. It also has an excellent fit, and size aside, does not look at all out of place on the phone.

Capacity: Cant really answer this at all, as to be fair, i need to give a full charge/discahrge cycle to calibrate the battery meter.

I can take pictures next week, so hopefully somebody will get to it before i can.

Reactions: NightAngel79
Upvote 0
got my battery from HG yesterday, charged it up all night and took it for a cycling ride I usually do. After 4h with Pandoro and Endomondo I still had about 30% battery left.
On the same ride the 1500mah doesnt last more than 2 hours, and 1750 Seidio lasts 3 hours.
So definitely improvement.

The cover absolutely makes the phone twice as thick and feels hollow, when I pick it up it just feels like it should be heavier. But it holds well. I dont plan to use the 2600 daily, Seidio works well for that, but for my rides - definitely.

As for timeframes - i bought it on 6/26 and received on 7/2.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones