$15 AT&T Data Unlimited For Non-Smartphones on the Nexus 4General

Last Updated:

1. JunBringer

JunBringer Well-Known Member

I have it. Boom.

Same speeds as when I had a 5GB plan and the dude at AT&T on the phone was super nice about it. I'm on a contract fyi, don't know if that matters, but yeah. Kick ass plan and hopefully they won't notice and change it back. Give it a try!

2. Jahmakan

Jahmakan Well-Known Member

If it is anything like the experience with my Galaxy Nexus on at&t with that same plan, it will work for maybe a month or two and then comes a text message notifying you (maybe based on usage) that a smart phone plan is required for this device and that one will be added on. Worth a try though. Could be a market-based thing.
  3. JunBringer

I'm ok with that. Saving money even for a couple months is still a good thing.
  4. GalaxyNexus

GalaxyNexus Well-Known Member

Keep us posted on whether or not they changed your plan. If they don't notice then i think it's definitely worth a shot.
  5. Rcarnes91

Rcarnes91 Well-Known Member

I had my old unlocked nokia "smartphone" on that plan and i was able to keep it until i switched to the samsung galaxy 1
    JunBringer likes this.
  6. JunBringer

I'll definitely let you guys know if they take it away. I'll be streaming a lot of music since it's only an 8GB device so hopefully they don't see that and change it.
  7. JunBringer

So I got a text last night from AT&T saying something like "do you know that you need a data plan for your smartphone? we've applied a data plan for you" lol so now I'm back to $30 for 3GB. Saved me a few bucks for a month lol
  8. NeXuS4

NeXuS4 Well-Known Member

So I heard T-Mobile has an unlimited data plan for $30...
  9. JunBringer

Yeah I ordered my sim card already lol, I think they throttle you after 5GB though don't they?
  10. NeXuS4

NeXuS4 Well-Known Member

They do but I'll take 5gb over 3 any day.
  11. JunBringer

Agreed. I'm looking forward to trying out their hspa+42 also.
  12. symbiansimian

symbiansimian New Member

So I have used $10/month medianet on ATT for years with Nokia phones (N78, N82, 5800, N8, N9), and never any txt about my usage (1.7GB in August was the biggest). I got my Nexus4 Friday the 14th at 4pm, 7pm I had the "we have improved your experience by tripling your bill and cutting you of at 3GB" txt message. Inserted my SIM back in my Nokia 2610 back-up, called customer service and had it changed back without problem. I then put my card in my N82 (AD2008, 2.4 inch screen, EDGE only, no touch or QWERTY) to have at least some smart features, and got the txt again the next morning....WTF?
    I called CS again, had medianet reinstated and as the CSR was checking to see if all the charges related to this had been removed she noticed my line upgrade fees from two weeks ago (I renewed for 2years, got three iPhones and sold two on ebay), and as a courtesy refunded the two upgrade fees for the lines I went "back to a feature phone", WINWIN!
    I have had my SIM back in the Nexus since yesterday without txt, will keep posted how long it takes to the next sweep. (if it happens to often I guess it will be N808 + Nexus 7...)

TL : DR
    1) put sim in dumbphone
    2) call 611
    3) complain
    4) profit
    JunBringer likes this.
  13. JunBringer

lol that's a great idea. I'll have to find a dumbphone to try this with.