15 minutes of fun - Droid X Already Dead

Last Updated:

1. bennec

bennec Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Why is my luck so bad? LOL. I got my phone 2 hours ago. Activated it. Set up gmail, email, facebook and twitter. Showed it off to a couple of guys at work. Snapped a picture of them to test the camera. I then put it on my desk to use the restroom. When I returned in 2 minutes, the phone was dead. Wouldn't respond to power or a battery reset.

I went to Verizon to ensure my battery wasn't bad and was praying that was all it was. But no such luck. I got a dud. On the phone with Verizon right now.

Anybody else been so unlucky?

Advertisement
  2. jreed2560

jreed2560 Well-Known Member

OOOUUCHHH!!!!! that sucks

3. jroc

jroc Well-Known Member

I pray I dont be. See, this is why I usually skip launches of devices and software...but I had to try this out now. lol

4. 2009m6

2009m6 Well-Known Member

sorry to hear about your experience. Rest assured that you just got hit by a unavoidable law of production.

Out of every 100 units built, 2-5 of them will have a issue such as yours. Even the wii shares this problem, and that unit has PRINTED money for Nintendo.

I only would consider this a problem, if the X and the Xbox360 shared the same failure rate.

thats a 45 - 54% failure rate. totally unacceptable.

5. NNN

NNN Well-Known Member

You might have activated the Motorola eFuse. It's a new campaign they've started to brick and sell more phones.

It's called the Brick N' Sell. (That's insider info please don't leak)

6. spire8989

spire8989 Member

What bull-crap. You obviously don't even know what the eFuse is for...

7. bennec

bennec Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Replacement order has been taken care of already and I've received the confirmation email to get my Droid X replaced. I have no clue when I will get it though.

Funny thing is, I was selling my Droid to an intern here at work. So after I activated my Droid X, I reset my Moto Droid back to factory settings and formatted the SD Card.

He was literally on the phone with Verizon to activate it when I rushed out to stop him. He hadn't given me the money yet. I told him to play with over the weekend and just make sure he loved it and pay me Monday.

I had to re-activate my Droid. I'm not even going to worry about setting everything back up. Hopefully Verizon held some Droid X's back for replacements for problems like I just experienced.

The intern is probably as pissed as I am now. :D

8. tbert

tbert Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure he was joking.

9. JA1234

JA1234 Well-Known Member

sorry bout the luck hope they get you a speedy recovery..that would stink to all corners

^^ second that... or at least my sense of humor meter thought so

10. HalfFrozen

HalfFrozen Well-Known Member

The more people talk about something like that to noobs, the more false information will spread.

11. AJ_EVO

AJ_EVO Well-Known Member

My wife's DX mysteriously won't power on. When it's plugged into the charger the LED is solid green. I've tried pulling the battery already. Argh.

Update: I left the battery out for 10 minutes, popped it back in and it powered up. It says the battery is low, but it was at about 50% last we checked (maybe 1 1/2 hours before it wouldn't power on).