1500mAH which Fake or Real?Accessories

Last Updated:

1. drPheta

drPheta Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

With all the 1500mAH batteries people are buying, how do you know if what you bought a real 1500mAH battery from HTC or not?

Well, I purchase a HTC 1500mAH from an ebay vendor with a 98% feedback rating. I was skeptical, but the price was low enough to try it out and see if it really is legit. Well, he sold me a fake HTC battery. How do I know? Read on.

True 1500mAH batteries have the following information:
    - Part no.: 35H00123-00M (or 03M or 22M some xxM)
    - Model: RHOD160
    - mAH: 1500mAH
    - Whr: 5.55Whr

The first RHOD160 1500mAH battery I bought from eBay (bidallies) was legit. All the watermarks, numbers, and fonts match up. Lastly, it works way better than the stock battery and at least as good (if not better than) the Seidio 1750mAH.

Now, this other guy on ebay (orange_chan101) is supposedly selling the RHOD160 battery for less than $8 US. However, some of the numbers don't match up (while it's printed RHOD160 and 1500mAH on this battery).
    1. the part no is 35H00125-07M
    2. the Whr is rated at 4.07Whr
    3. the font is different

Part no 3500125-07M is for the 1100mAH battery from HTC, and 4.07Whr = 1100mAH.

Take the Whr/#Volts = mAH. 4.07Whr/3.7V = 1100mAH

I hope this helps. I've attached three images depicting what I'm talking about.

RHOD160.jpg

TOPA160.jpg

Fake.jpg

Advertisement
    Deanski, PartyGurle, Twiz and 12 others like this.
  2. sj24

sj24 Active Member

Deanski likes this.
  3. Taylored

Taylored Well-Known Member

I bought three generic 1500mAh batteries from DealExtreme.com. I am using one today. I am testing each of them in a non-scientific manner, but I will post my findings at some point next week. Thus far the battery is at least as good as the stock dinc battery, possibly better. So far I would at very least recommend these for back up batteries.

DealExtreme: $5.01 3.7V 1500mAh Rechargeable Li-Ion Battery for HTC Touch Pro 2

FYi: these do fit with the stock case, but just barely. There is a definite gap at first. It seems to go away after the first day.

4. GrandMasterB

GrandMasterB Go Go Gadget Flow! VIP Member

5. contagous

contagous Well-Known Member

How is this? haven't tested mine yet, let me know whats you think please

6. bjanow

bjanow Well-Known Member

7. Taylored

Taylored Well-Known Member

This is not scientific, but I have been trying to kill this battery for 8 hours with out success. I am at 28% now. My htc stock battery can usually only handle 4-6 hours of the same abuse.

8. GrandMasterB

9. MTC

MTC Well-Known Member

I would check on that batterboss site first. I don't know if it was that seller, but on that chart on his site, they removed the link to the ebay seller because he was selling fake ones. I did see one on amazon for $15 and it says HTC. Wouldn't that mean its a true oem htc? I might try to buy it from there.

GrandMasterB likes this.
  10. drPheta

drPheta Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

MTC, dspcap and GrandMasterB like this.
  11. Mastermind

Mastermind Well-Known Member

Well, I just bought the red HTC EVO 1500 mAh from Amazon. It's out of stock, but I'm no rush to get it. Plus, it's only $29.99. I'm fairly certain that Amazon won't sell me fakes.

12. CombatTalon2

CombatTalon2 Member

Just got a HTC 1500 mAh off amazon!

13. GrandMasterB

Welcome to the forums. Would you mind posting a link or otherwise giving us more details about your purchase ;)

14. CombatTalon2

CombatTalon2 Member

Sure Thing!

Amazon.com: HTC Standard 1500mAh Lithium Battery for HTC Snap S521, S522, T-Mobile Dash 3G and HTC Hero GSM version: Cell Phones & Service

Don't really have issues with my 1300, so i figure having the 1500 will be perfect for daily use and the 1300 as a spare.

edit: I don't mind spending a few extra bucks and knowing it's coming from a reputable place. I know there are cheaper places to get this battery :)

Remillard and GrandMasterB like this.
  15. Piiman

Piiman Well-Known Member

I just got my dealextreme $5.00 ..1500 battery. I haven't even charged it yet. It looks legit, it's for the TouchPro2.....doesn't look like any added labels. Basically looks new with original factory label. If they faked it they did a nice job! I'm going to charge it as soon as the stock one is 100%

UPDATE:

This battery is a little bigger and although I could close the case completely it was very tight and caused problems. I had the same problem with a hard snap on case when I put it on over a Bestskin (again tight). For some reason when my inc gets squeezed the screen acts like someone is flicking it and making selections and basically goes crazy.

So I had to take the label off. When I did that there is a plain battery in a small frame and the battery will slip right out. I had to reapply a small amount of the label to keep it in the frame. It fits fine now and causes no problem. For 5.00 and the fact it's not actually made for the Incredible I can't complain. Also the label matches the part number someone posted earlier.

16. syntrix

syntrix Well-Known Member

Holy crap, I replied to this thread.... but on xda instead :D:D

17. Dsoto87

Dsoto87 Well-Known Member

18. Liebow27

Liebow27 Well-Known Member

Does this work well in your DInc? I am thinking about ordering one but I want to make sure it works properly.

19. CombatTalon2

CombatTalon2 Member

Battery is great. Ever so slightly bigger than the 1300. nothing i was worried about. As of right now these are my stats: On second charge.

Battery 25%
    Up Time 24:08:19
    Awake Time 7:34:23

Been on a mix of Wifi and 3G.
    Streamed Pandora for about 3 hours today while driving (3g) and while changing the oil in my car in the garage (Wifi)

everything else was random internet and Facebook.

So far i have no regrets and I'm glad I went with the actual HTC 1500 mAh battery for peace of mind!

20. Liebow27

Liebow27 Well-Known Member

How much bigger is it than the stock battery? Does it still fit well with the regular battery backplate?

21. CombatTalon2

CombatTalon2 Member

[​IMG]Fits fine with the stock back plate.

[​IMG]

heyeaglefn, Ovreagr, elborak and 2 others like this.
  22. GrandMasterB

23. CombatTalon2

CombatTalon2 Member

Sorry No Seidio to measure.

GrandMasterB likes this.
  24. Dmark

Dmark Well-Known Member

I bought an HTC 1500 from eBay, the seller was called "thecelldepot". It's authentic but definitely used. It had obvious scratches on the contacts. The battery seems to work well, so hopefully it has lots of useful life left. Checking the listing, it didn't say "new" only "original". Be careful!

25. Wicket

Wicket Active Member

What are your thoughts on the battery? Have you gotten it yet? are there any gaps when you put the case on? Thanks! :)