155 Circuit City Stores Close & Why I Don

Last Updated:

1. phandroid

phandroid Admin News Bot Recognized Contributor This Topic's Starter

I try to keep phandroid dedicated to Android-only news and in a roundabout way, the fact that Circuit City is closing 155 stores (see list below) is directly related to my experience with Android. You may remember my Live Blog Failure from the T-Mobile G1 Press Conference in New York City… well, Circuit City played [...]

More...

Advertisement
  2. Flatman

Flatman Well-Known Member

I just checked...my store (less than 2 miles from the house) is closing. They just opened it 2.5 months ago!:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

3. shivers316

shivers316 Godmember VIP Member

There's one closing about 30 minutes from me. I hope they have some good deals. I want a laptop.

4. Windchill

Windchill Well-Known Member

I was thinking the exact same thing myself. ;)

5. drustvold

drustvold Well-Known Member

Circuit city has been on its deathbed for years. The fact is their prices on acsessories are down right insulting, i've seen cables and connectors being sold for twice what you would pay at a radio shack (and with them you already expect to be paying more).

Everytime i've gone into a circuit city I usualy leave in disgust. The stores are usualy barren, they never have good deals, and when I do try and buy something they somehow make it the most painfull experiance possable since they never seem to have anyone working ata register. Its almost like they want people to steal :eek: because last time i bought anything from them I had to FIND someone to pay.

6. I7oobie

I7oobie Active Member

Good news if you work at Best Buy like some peeps (me)...

7. N3TWORK BURN3R

N3TWORK BURN3R Well-Known Member

They arent selling all thier stuff like CompUSA did. Instead they are just moving all merchandise to high volume stores for Black Friday.....so ive heard.

8. STORM3333

STORM3333 Well-Known Member

i hear that let me start searching for them in my area as well! I hate seeing people losing work! Awe how sad!