• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help 15hr battery life???

trembly01

Lurker
Sep 20, 2010
how are people getting 15hr battery life out of their incredible. i have the new redemption rom installed with stock kernel, autosync turned off and setcpu installed but somehow i only get about 9 hrs battery with normal use (txting, calls, surfing the market for apps and checking forums) what else can be done to help extend my battery life longer??? is there a different kernel i can install ?

any suggestions would be greatly appreciated......

+1 for redemption rom by the way, very stable and no issues so far other then my dumb battery:mad:

how are people getting 15hr battery life out of their incredible. i have the new redemption rom installed with stock kernel, autosync turned off and setcpu installed but somehow i only get about 9 hrs battery with normal use (txting, calls, surfing the market for apps and checking forums) what else can be done to help extend my battery life longer??? is there a different kernel i can install ?

any suggestions would be greatly appreciated......

+1 for redemption rom by the way, very stable and no issues so far other then my dumb battery:mad:

Juice Defender is one option. It keeps 3g turned off most of the time when phone is not in use.
You can set it to turn on once 1 minute every 15.
So if you dont need immediate email notification, this should help you.

Everything else will work fine, like sms and calls.

Upvote 0
I get around 30hrs with a 1500 battery , biggest thing is when I'm home and at work which probably accounts for 2/3rds of that time it's connected to wifi.
I notice if I use only 3g and never connect to wifi I only can get 18-20hrs of life. I run CM6 Nightlies with the stock CM6 kernal , Set CPU set to 998 and a profile to set it down to somewhere around 384max 245min when the screen is off.
I keep screen 100% all the time, wifi and mobile network are always on, and I use a lot of bluetooth music and regular headphones as this is my main music player. Plus normal phone and internet usage

Start by look at any programs that might be draining you or if you're in a bad signal area and the phone is struggling to keep3g it will really drain . Also if you use Turn by Turn Navigation , or stream music via Mobile Network a lot those are battery killers as well

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones