• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

16gb Class 6 MicroSDHC card = no good for Hero?

That's kind of pretty bizarre, do you have anything on your home screen showing SD card usage or something similar that might be touching the card? The size of the card shouldn't have any effect on the speed at which you access it.. there's no difference between my stock 2GB sandisk and my 16gb AData cards that I can tell. Could be you got a bad card as well, it does happen, especially with tiny little HC memory devices like that.

Upvote 0
Well I bought this 16gig card from newegg...Newegg.com - A-DATA 16GB Micro SDHC Class 6 Flash Card with SD adaptor Model MicroSDHC CL6 16G SD ADT - Flash Memory

The speed upgrade is so noticeable, I won't go back to anything else. I mean apps open up about 60% faster. I didn't think that upgrading to a class 6 card over the default one that was installed would do anything..but I was wrong. I pretty much click the app and it's opened within 1 or 2 seconds.

For my hero with the memory card above, it's a very significant speed boost.

Upvote 0
That's kind of pretty bizarre, do you have anything on your home screen showing SD card usage or something similar that might be touching the card? The size of the card shouldn't have any effect on the speed at which you access it.. there's no difference between my stock 2GB sandisk and my 16gb AData cards that I can tell. Could be you got a bad card as well, it does happen, especially with tiny little HC memory devices like that.

Yes. When I put in my. New transcend class 6, 8 gig card I mounted the card to put music fileson it. When it was still connected, my bookmarks widget had pictures of an sd card. When I disconnected from my computer the bookmark images came back.

Also I believe the card gave my phone a tiny amount of lag. Nothing extreme but I might replace it now.

Upvote 0
Hi,
I've got a Hero on Orange in the UK. I'm having problems with mine crashing since doing the ROM upgrade. Had the handset replaced but it's still happening. Could it be the 16gb microsd card causing this? It can happen at any time, usually overnight for apparently no reason. I bought it off ebay, it said it was Sandisk but there's no brand on the actual card.

You guys seem to know a fair bit about cards, could this be causing my problem?

Cheers,

Alan

Upvote 0
Ebay vendors are notorious for selling counterfeit SD cards. They are usually very poor in quality if they work at all. Nothing near what the specs would be for the proper Sandisk MicroSD from a reputable vendor.

Brand makes a difference when it comes to MicroSD. I have a 8gb Sandisk class 4 card that reads/writes faster then a 8gb Transcend Class 6.
http://androidforums.com/366937-post125.html

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones