16gb micro sd formatted to 1.83gbSupport

Last Updated:

1. jstew182

jstew182 Member This Topic's Starter

I tried formatting my 16gb micro sd card for my new Incredible and when formatting was complete my card says I only have 1.83gb of total space on the card. I tried downloading the sd card formatting tool from Home - SD Association hoping it would fix the problem but it doesnt. I tried formatting by syncing my phone to my dell laptop and by the card reader on my laptop and still no solution. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Advertisement
  2. atmn77

atmn77 Well-Known Member

Where'd u buy the card? Ebay? A lot of people sell fake cards on ebay...

If u format on a computer, does the computer recognize all 16gb?

3. jstew182

I did buy it on ebay. When I first inserted it into my computer it was recognized and it said that it was 16gb but after reformatting is when it said it was 1.83gb. I guess I got dooped by someone off ebay. I shouldve stuck to Amazon, Ive never had a problem there.

4. QrafTee

QrafTee Well-Known Member

The next thing you can do now is ask for a refund. If they don't do it; report it to eBay and just leave them a negative feedback. If you used Paypal to pay, file a claim.

5. jstew182

Thank you guys for the help. I logged into ebay and the transaction isnt showing up through there at all. It still shows on my paypal account, so does that mean the seller deleted his account on ebay? After searching for his user name I cant find it anywhere either...pretty shady. This is the first time I have ever had any issue like this. I filed a claim through paypal though so hopefully it will get taken care of. I will think twice about ordering something on ebay from now on just cause it is cheaper.