16gb or 32gb?General

1. ArmageddonX

ArmageddonX Well-Known Member

The question that I'm sure every Tablet Forum sees, heh ;)

Is there any reliable way to figure out if you need the 16gb or the 32gb? I can easily afford the 16gb. The 32gb might be a stretch.

I have an Evo3D and I have lots of free space. I'm thinking the 16gb would be enough for me, but I'm so unsure of myself with Tablets.

I plan on using it for Apps, Games, & Web Browsing.

I will not be using it for Music or Movies.

1. What does everyone think?
    2. Do you have any advice?
    3. Are there are guidelines to help you pick between the two?

Thanks.

~ ArmyX

Advertisement
  2. Hadron

Hadron Well-Known Member

How big are the sort of games you are interested in, and how many will you want on it at a time?

If you aren't keeping music or movies on it then my guess is that HD games will be the biggest potential user of storage.
  3. PsyMega

PsyMega Well-Known Member

If you plan on getting gameloft games, and electronic arts Inc games ( any apps with 1gb+ adding packs) get a 32gb otherwise a 16gb version should be fine for all your basic apps, like 30 albums which would be maybe 2.5gb and occasional downloads from the web.
  4. Atma

Atma Well-Known Member

I'll get the 32gb but only because I'm buying from Walmart so I can easily and quickly return or exchange if I need to. I think 16gb would be enough for me. If I like a movie good enough to buy it, I will buy it on Blu-ray. If I play a game, I only play one game at a time. I've had my Galaxy S2 about 9 months and I still only use about 6gb of space even with nandroid backups.

Of course, having the 32gb, I know I will be future proofed.
  5. ArmageddonX

I do not plan on playing any 3D "shooter" type of games. I play mostly stuff like Where's My Water, Angry Birds, Cut the Rope.... stuff like that.

~ ArmyX
  6. The_Superhoo

The_Superhoo Well-Known Member

I'm ONLY getting the 32gb because if I order the cheaper 16 GB (which I'd prefer) from Google, I'd have to pay shipping and possibly taxes on it, whereas since I work in DE I can walk into a Walmart tonight, pay a little more and get it NOW, with NO shipping and NO taxes and NO wait.
  7. Atma

Atma Well-Known Member

I'm only buying the 32gb from Walmart because the last time I sent a Nexus 7 back to Google it took 2 months to get a refund. Otherwise I think I would go with the 16gb.
  8. ArmageddonX

Well, I plan on picking up the 16gb at some point tomorrow. I hope I've made the right decision. Thanks all.

~ ArmyX
  9. FussBoss

FussBoss Well-Known Member

I have the same thing to decide but I will be using this for movies for travel. But that leads me to my next question, are movies all cloud-based and you ahve to stream? I know on the ipad you can buy and download, or get the digital copy actually ON the ipad. From what I can tell everything on Android is cloud based and streaming. This really bit me in the rear when I got a good amount of music on the Google play store and tried to play my music while driving thru an area that I had no service on and could not play my Google play music... So ifI am on an airplane I need to be able to watch my movies. Is there options on the Android where I can actually download to my Nexus? If there is I would prob get the 32gb, if not then its the 16gb - if I even get it at that point.
  10. idic

idic Well-Known Member

Yes, just click the icon that looks like a push pin. It appears in various places: the Gallery, GMusic, GBooks, GFilms. Any photo albums, songs, books and films you select will be downloaded to the device for offline use.

On a phone YouTube will precache new videos from your subscriptions, but I don't think this works on tablets just yet.
  11. randomhero180

randomhero180 Active Member

Wondering the same thing. Thinking about 32gb for movies and such. But I do have a lot of cloud storage, so 16 may work for me. Still deciding.

Anyone use cloud storage a lot with their tablet like box.net or Dropbox?
  12. Imfubared

Imfubared Member

Just and FYI, on the 16 gig Google uses 3 gig right out of the box so you really only get 12 gig of storage, typical with any hard drive, you don't get to use it all.
  13. ArmageddonX

FYI, I ended up getting the 16GB and even with all my content on the Device I still have 10GB left.

~ ArmyX