• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories 1750 mAh Battery lasts 24 hours?

poland626

May 23, 2010
New Jersey
I use the app Battery Left to see how long I have left using my battery and how big my batteries are. For a while, it said that the Sedio 1750 mAh battery lasts about 7 hours and it was accurate.

Three days ago, I had to do a factory reset and I let it go through a whole cycle like it says you have to. NOW, it says the batter lasts 23:14 hours, or nearly 4 times the size.

What happened?! I'm not complaining, just curious.....

I had used battery left for a while, but no longer do... The way it operates (in my experience) is that it's estimating battery left based upon the calibration that you did when you first loaded the app. So it estimates based on you not using it at all, and it gives ridiculous claims of 24 and 30 hours, but then start using it. sync some mail, weather, and facebook. Then browse a few pages and listen to the music player... That 24 hour estimate will decrease sharply.

Typically a seidio 1750 has been lasting me 12 to 16 hours daily. Enough for my 10 hour work day, and a couple extra hours there.

Post back when you get that 24 hours out of it, with moderate use.

Upvote 0
Battery Left doesn't show the actual charge remaining as much as it analyzes the trends of daily use and estimates how much longer you have until the battery dies. I know it does sync up with the system's battery level at certain times (I think at startup and if you force it), but the rest of the time it just estimates. This is why it jumped so dramatically when you rebooted.

On a side note, I got 30 hours out of the 1750 a couple times, but that was with very light usage, and keeping 3g/wifi/bt/gps off until I needed it.

It's best to set it to calibrate and ignore it the first several days you use it. Once it determines your habits, then it is fairly accurate. However, anytime you recalibrate it, you reset it and it starts over.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones