199.99 at Best BuyGeneral

Last Updated:

1. Josh2

Josh2 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I went to best buy today and to get the 199.99 price you HAVE to be upgrading the main line? Is this true? This is what i was told by someone working there.

Advertisement
  2. waremaster

waremaster Well-Known Member

Do yourself a favor.. Order the phone from Verizon online.

I went in on the 19th and specifically asked the wireless sales girl if they would honor the new every two pricing and she said yes. So I placed the preorder and was given a 50.00 gift card to use toward the purchase. Yesterday I go in to the store to pick up the phone and I am met with a different sales person. I remind the sales person I am up for new every two on my line and he said ok. So we start talking about the phone and all is good I get the phone all programmed and hand him the 50.00 gift card and he proceeds to tell me that will be 158 please. I said my new every two gets me 50.00 off making it 149.99. He said we don’t honor new every two. I said to him just a few minutes ago I reminded you my line was eligible for new ever two and you said OK. So then I get a bit upset and said ok lets just refund the whole purchase and he says no problem but I cannot give you cash back on the gift card you will have to use it here.

Had I known that Bestbuy was not going to honor the new every two I would have preordered on the Verizon website. And on top of that Verizon has / had the SMART30 promotion going on as well. As mad as I was / am I did keep the phone but after all of that I will not be buying my electronics from them again.

3. windycity

windycity Well-Known Member

I've mentioned it several times on these boards... Best Buy DOES NOT honor NE2. If some one-off guy in Best Buy does some sort of samurai match, that's still not NE2. Stick. With. Verizon. Best Buy is trouble - universally.

New Every Two - Best Buy Mobile? Community

4. waremaster

waremaster Well-Known Member

Thats all good but when you have a sales rep state that they will honor it and then take your cash on a pre order then at time of pickup you get told a different story and then get refused a refund on the gift card dont you think a person would get a bit upset?

5. windycity

windycity Well-Known Member

Totally agree with you but crap like that is exactly why I stopped shopping there. That and them wanting $20 for a HDD cable that costs $0.99 online.