1st day on skyraider

Last Updated:

1. 20twins10

20twins10 Member This Topic's Starter

so i got my incredible mid october.. my job consists of labor.. not alot of time on my phone allowed.. a full charge was holding me from about 4am-8pm.. medium to light use on my end.

within a week's time my wife gave birth to my twin daughters.. my daughters currently are still in the hospital and everyday we go to the hospital i would see the life sucked outta the droid..

so i started reading up on ROM's.. i made a small list, couldnt make my mind up.. finally just said $%^& it, and installed one.. this ROM was selected based off what i had read in it's initial listing, and it's following and support.. i went with Skyraider 3.3..

So i flashed the rom last night. As every day now my wife and i headed to the hospital about noon.. i spent about a solid 40minutes removing apps and widget's.. ususally by the time 5pm rolls around my phone is at a 10% mark.. today at the same time i was still about about 50%.. its now 9pm and i just hit 18%..

with knowing how much battery the hospital takes every day, and what it did today on skyraider.. im pretty impressed.. it will be interesting to see how the battery does when i dont spend 5hrs at the hospital.. hopefully my daughters come home next week and the hospital will be in my past.. at that time i will be able to see the full potential skyraider has to offer..

Advertisement
  2. eflosd

eflosd Active Member

now download set cpu and save your battery even more

3. jbdan

jbdan Well-Known Member

Rooting and tweaking has almost doubled my battery life in some situations. Congrats on your newborns what a blessing!

4. sdrawkcab25

sdrawkcab25 Well-Known Member

set cpu will not work with the stock skyraider 3.3 because it's using the new kernel from HTC. He would have to switch to another kernel.

5. jbdan

jbdan Well-Known Member

I think it does now I thought I read that the latest setcpu disables perflock now on this kernel. Still think you are governor limited (which is fine). Can still create a nice screen off profile and even underclock (which I do quite often) :)

6. dscribe

dscribe Well-Known Member

+1

Yeah, they updated setCPU and it works on the new stock kernel now.