1st day with DINC (root, unrevoked, rom, overclock)

Last Updated:

1. nitsuj17

nitsuj17 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hey guys, just wanted to drop and say thanks for all the great threads and guides here. The droid x was my first android phone and at the time "locked bootloader, efuse, etc" meant nothing to me so i got it. I do love my X and its been cool being in on the ground floor as stuff comes out, but now thats ive gotten into going beyond the standard user experience its kinda limiting.

I picked up a DINC off ebay kinda reasonably after selling my backup blackberry and a bunch of 360 games. Just came today and its been busy! thanks to the great info here, I rooted with unrevoked 3.21, s-off with unrevoked forever, and have been experimenting with different roms and kernels all day. Its been a blast.

Ive bootlooped a bunch of times but nothing a nandroid backup couldnt solve.

Until the X can offer what my new DINC does, I'm switching over to htc. Wish the screen was a tad bigger and had swype, but ill live!

Advertisement
  2. RMarkwald

RMarkwald Active Member

Welcome! I've heard that about the Droid, and with all the messing around/screwing up/playing/nandroid I've learned a lot about things. I am sure there's a ton more, but I really enjoy it, and everything all the dev's and anyone who contributes to the community does is amazing! The Inc by far is the best phone I've owned.

3. Beatlesfan

Beatlesfan Well-Known Member

Welcome! Sounds like you already know what's what regarding customization. Have fun with your new inc, and enjoy the great community that we have here!

4. illusionz

illusionz Well-Known Member

...you do realize you can install swype right?

5. Beatlesfan

Beatlesfan Well-Known Member

If he is signed up for the beta. Shapewriter and other swypelike keyboards are available as well.