• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [1st Gen] KF for 80$..worth it?

both are good tablets. n7 runs jellybean right off the bat, but you can root the kindle to get jellybean. a few ounces difference in weight. i like my kindle. a major difference is a quad-core Nvidia Tegra 3 processor that the nexus will have. 80 for a fire aint too bad though.

I thought the same thing....80 bux! I think I may just put ICS on it seeing that alot of games arent optimized for JB yet....Tegra 3 processor isnt a deal breaker for me..especially if it can run ICS well......

Upvote 0
Hellfire runs like a swiss watch, very smooth response. The only issue is while charging you get no indication it's charging, but in fact it is. I'm thinking of dropping back to gingerbread though, I'd like to get flashplayer back working on it and that's just not an option with jellybean.

thats awesome......yeah not having flash kinda sux...but I think I could do all I need to do in ICS with the dolphin browser...picking my KF up tomorrow.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones