• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [1st Gen] Kindle Fire 2nd gen Hard Bricked

rgates

Lurker
Oct 9, 2012
Ive rooted a few phones and tablets before and have never bricked a device (got close) until now. This kindle fire i believe is truly hard bricked. What happened was, I rooted it with the kindle fire utility, and when it rebooted it was stuck on the kindle fire logo screen. I let it run flat over night, and the next day it was still stuck. So i downloaded kindle unbrick utility to attempt to fix this and then it was in a bootloop and it is now in a hard brick state. power button is non responsive, unless charging, it will turn green then immediately to orange and stay that way. I like to think that nothing is unrecoverable, and im very determined to get this thing back up and running, even if it means taking the case off and flashing it with probes lol.. Ive been working on it for about a week now and I seem to have made things worse. So I'm hoping there's a genius out there that can help me bring life back into this thing.

You tried rooting a new kindle? What article did you read that said to use Kindle Utility? It might stay bricked for a while until someone actually has a chance to do something with the new kindle. Just because its a new version of the KF doesnt mean the rooting programs will work for that one. But thats why we learn lol. I'll try to look into it more later but for now, its a paperweight lol.

Reactions: rgates
Upvote 0
Lol it happens. Everyone makes mistakes. Just like people have told me, read read, and read some more. Even when I think I know how to do something i'll look it up and read it from someone else. Dont tell Amazon what you did! If you tell them "yea i was trying to root my kindle" they'll just laugh and say enjoy your paperweight. lol. Im not sure how you would go about getting it replaced because if they look at it first and determine it was because you bricked it, i dont think they would replace it? I just woke up and im confusing myself haha.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones