• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [1st Gen] Need help with root!!! Now!

bubbleygum52

Aug 25, 2012
Ok so i rooted my kindle fire today and when i start it up it has the blue kindle fire boot logo and it says "press power button for boot menu" and i choose "normal boot" the orange kindle fire boot logo comes up and it doesn't go away it just stays like that. I really need help because nothing is working and i want to use my kindle! Someone please answer fast!!

It sounds like you are in fast boot. Boot into recovery instead when the option is there (during the blue screen time). Do youwamt to install a custom ROM? If so, factory reset and wipe cache , dalvik cache and system all while in recovery. Then flash the rom zip file and gapps file if needed. Then when you reboot from recovery be sure to choose "reboot system".

Reactions: bubbleygum52
Upvote 0
ok i dont know what the heck is wrong with mine i installed the twrp recovery but im not getting the right page to come up and the yellow triangle isnt coming up either:( i really need help! Ok this is somewhat of what comes up on my kindle when i choose recovery! except i dont get the wipe system data cache option

images

Upvote 0
ohhh your using cwm recovery. thats why we were all getting confused :) im not really familiar with cwm for the kindle. but if you want heres a video thatll show how to install twrp recovery How to install TWRP 2.0 Recovery on Kindle Fire? - YouTube
and to download it you can go here [RECOVERY]TWRP 2.2.2.0 touch recovery [2012-08-24] - xda-developers and it tells you how to download it. unless someone else is familiar with using cwm. i might try and read up later on it if you prefer to keep that.

Reactions: bubbleygum52
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones