• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

1st impressions

Just picked up my LG-P500 here in Italy. So far, like the way it feels as well as the 2.2 handles. I'm still trying to work around in the Anroid world having just moved on from Nokia S60. :)

As I play with the phone more, I'm glad for the forums to be able to search for some answers. If there is anything that you would like me to discuss, just ask as I'm trying to test the capabilities of Android.

Just picked up my LG-P500 here in Italy. So far, like the way it feels as well as the 2.2 handles. I'm still trying to work around in the Anroid world having just moved on from Nokia S60. :)

As I play with the phone more, I'm glad for the forums to be able to search for some answers. If there is anything that you would like me to discuss, just ask as I'm trying to test the capabilities of Android.

Do you recommend Android over Symbian S60?

I have a nokia nuron but it always freezes up when I surf the web and it always displays that I have low memory. I'm looking to move towards this android phone if it's worth it.

Also, how is the call quality? People said there is a slight hissing sound in the background.

Is the wifi reception with it good?

thanks.

Upvote 0
Do you recommend Android over Symbian S60?
Also, how is the call quality? People said there is a slight hissing sound in the background.

Is the wifi reception with it good?

thanks.

I like the call quality and have not had any issues with it. The ringer/vibration function is one that I am tinkering with. I use the wi-fi as a hotspot and it works great with my laptop as I don't have internet at home right now.

Upvote 0
Just my 2 cents. I was a long time Blackberry user and went from a 9700 to a myTouch Slide. It was a good phone, but too heavy and wouldn't do voice dialing over Bluetooth. I went back to the 9700. Then, I bought a Samsung Vibrant. Great phone, but too big and I hated the lack of hardware buttons. Oh, and it won't dial over Bluetooth either. Went back to the 9700. Just got my LG Optimus T yesterday and so far, I think this one's a keeper. It's only a little bigger than my 9700 (fits in the same pouch). I don't mind the smaller screen. It dials over Bluetooth (but poorly so far!). I really like it. This is the best Android phone I've had. Reviews keep calling it "entry level." Ok, if you say so, but it suits me much better than the great big "super phones" and is a much better replacement for the Blackberry 9700.

Upvote 0
I'm using LG optimus one recently and i think it's kind of hard to handle for a newbie in android, :/.

Android is a huge change from, say, a Blackberry. There is a learning curve. Expect to spend some time reading the manual and perusing the forums. This is true for any Android device. I think the LG Optimus T is a little easier than either the myTouch Slide or the Vibrant, but in my opinion, no Android device is intuitive out of the box.

Upvote 0
Ideal phone for jumping in to the Androworld!

And i think it is the best first android phone you can get for a novice user in android os.
Foe example i had for some years Sony ericsson phones easy to use and sharing media.
In the android phone you just have to forget almost everything you now about other phones and how to operate them.
An Android phone is a palm pc in a way with numbers so you can make calls ...

Upvote 0
Just my 2 cents. I was a long time Blackberry user and went from a 9700 to a myTouch Slide. It was a good phone, but too heavy and wouldn't do voice dialing over Bluetooth. I went back to the 9700. Then, I bought a Samsung Vibrant. Great phone, but too big and I hated the lack of hardware buttons. Oh, and it won't dial over Bluetooth either. Went back to the 9700. Just got my LG Optimus T yesterday and so far, I think this one's a keeper. It's only a little bigger than my 9700 (fits in the same pouch). I don't mind the smaller screen. It dials over Bluetooth (but poorly so far!). I really like it. This is the best Android phone I've had. Reviews keep calling it "entry level." Ok, if you say so, but it suits me much better than the great big "super phones" and is a much better replacement for the Blackberry 9700.

I to went from a BB 9700 to the Opitums T. And I too at one time had MyTouch Slide (however, I LOVED that phone).

But I must say that the Optimus T is a great phone. I've had no complaints about it all. I just updated it this morning thru the LG Updater and It's a bit faster and has the newer Gmail app on it.

Great, great phone for the price.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones