• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

1st Motorola, 1st Android, 1st touch screen :)

Hi there,

Just got a Milestone a few days ago and... it's actually a milestone for me too, as a mobile device user, since it's my first Android device and even my first touchscreen device.

I always liked the feeling of pressing a key (which is one of the reasons i got the droid, just to have the option), so I went for classic phones. But lately I found myself browsing and texting on the go quite alot and the experience is quite annoying on a 2.4" screen and ABC keys.

So far I must say I'm quite impressed with my new toy, the only thing bothering me being the battery life. Then again I was kind of spoiled before with my E52 and it's 1 (sometimes 2) week(s) battery life. Another thing would be the fact that there is no access to paid apps on the Market in my region, but hopefully we'll get there soon. Third I'd have to mention the weight of the device - my hand can get quite tired after prolonged usage. Admittedly I have been playing with it alot, as you can imagine. ALOT! :)
I know I only mentioned bad things, but the good ones are so many that I wouldn't even know where to start. Just to be clear - I am extremely satisfied with the Milestone as well as the new experience of a touch operated device.

And since this is supposed to be an introduction, few words about myself:
My name is Dan, I'm from Romania but have been living in Czech Republic for the last year or so, working a technical job in IBM Brno. I consider myself quite tech-savvy, a geek even and I joined this forum to learn some (not so obvious) stuff about my new mobile device.

Hi there,

Just got a Milestone a few days ago and... it's actually a milestone for me too, as a mobile device user, since it's my first Android device and even my first touchscreen device.

I always liked the feeling of pressing a key (which is one of the reasons i got the droid, just to have the option), so I went for classic phones. But lately I found myself browsing and texting on the go quite alot and the experience is quite annoying on a 2.4" screen and ABC keys.

So far I must say I'm quite impressed with my new toy, the only thing bothering me being the battery life. Then again I was kind of spoiled before with my E52 and it's 1 (sometimes 2) week(s) battery life. Another thing would be the fact that there is no access to paid apps on the Market in my region, but hopefully we'll get there soon. Third I'd have to mention the weight of the device - my hand can get quite tired after prolonged usage. Admittedly I have been playing with it alot, as you can imagine. ALOT! :)
I know I only mentioned bad things, but the good ones are so many that I wouldn't even know where to start. Just to be clear - I am extremely satisfied with the Milestone as well as the new experience of a touch operated device.

And since this is supposed to be an introduction, few words about myself:
My name is Dan, I'm from Romania but have been living in Czech Republic for the last year or so, working a technical job in IBM Brno. I consider myself quite tech-savvy, a geek even and I joined this forum to learn some (not so obvious) stuff about my new mobile device.
Welcome to the AF forums and enjoy your visits !! :cool:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones