1st nand backupfrom root...can it be used to go back to unroot?

Last Updated:

1. Brainfart

Brainfart Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

If I have a Nand backup from a fresh root before any roms were put on. Can I unroot from that first nand and go back to non-rooted if i choose to or do I have to go another route to unroot and be back to non rooted? I have searched and all I can find is downgrading back to 1.5 and I don't want to go back that far.

This is purely hypothetical If I ever want to go back to original for purposes of selling the phone or having to send it back to the Big V.

Advertisement
  2. BlueDC2

BlueDC2 Well-Known Member

You would still need to probably do a factory reset/wipe, and you still need to puch back the stock recovery. Also, some other things you do later might stick like if you put on a splash picture (replace the three androids on a skateboard). If I were you, I would just keep a downloaded copy of a stock rom (you can find it online)...this way it will already be wiped clean when flashed, and then you can push the stock recovery and call it a day:D

3. copestag

copestag Well-Known Member

do a search for 2.1ruu and save a copy of that on your computer.......... whenever you want to unroot just connect phone to computer and run that app on the computer..... it will flash you back to stock 2.1

4. Brainfart

Any Ideas where I can find the stock recovery and the stock 2.1 that came on my phone? I have searched 2.1ruu but can't seem to find it. Maybe I am searching for the incorrect keyword?

5. Papadroid

Papadroid VIP Member VIP Member

Brainfart likes this.
  6. Brainfart

Awesome Thank You!