• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

1st problem ive had since i bought the phone, my droid reset by itself today...

mxrider821

Nov 6, 2009
i was eating at burger time earlier today and i took my phone out of my pocket and the screen was not coming on so i tried to hit the sleep/power button and nothing happened :thinking: so i decided to try a battery pull and than it turned on... but that was the 1st time ive had a random reset happen to me (that didnt turn back on without a battery pull, so im just hoping that it wont be happening that much in the future if its already happening this early..

i was eating at burger time earlier today and i took my phone out of my pocket and the screen was not coming on so i tried to hit the sleep/power button and nothing happened :thinking: so i decided to try a battery pull and than it turned on... but that was the 1st time ive had a random reset happen to me (that didnt turn back on without a battery pull, so im just hoping that it wont be happening that much in the future if its already happening this early..

Same thing happened to me today, also first time. Only thing I did different was leave it on with an alarm set last night. But I have been leaving it on every night with no problem, except this was the first alarm I set-maybe a bug? After the battery pull it powered right up and the alarm was still set! I don't know about yours but on mine I could see the backlight turning on each time I pressed the power button but Android was not present, just a black screen.

Upvote 0
I had the same issue but it was about 10 min after installing and playing with the flyscreen application. I ended up removing the battery and putting it back in to get access back. I ended up removing Flyscreen and have not had an issue since. I cant say it was the application but I dont know what else.

Upvote 0
The same thing happened to me yesterday as well. That morning, I pulled my phone out my pocket when I got inside my car to go to work and there I see the droid startup screen. I thought the phone I had somehow manually reset it in my pants but no way I can see that happening since my phone was locked and now that I've been hearing about these problems.

I had no problems ever since but I have not been using my phone as heavily as I did during the weekend.

I know this reboot problem only happened to me once and an app crashed on me as well but I been considering taking it back to Verizon and exchanging it.

Should I do it asap or should I hold off until I see more problems?

Upvote 0
You're lucky. Mine has reset about 4-5 times today, and at least twice a day since I got it Friday morning. This afternoon I went ahead and removed a bunch of apps to see if that helps. ill try add the ones i liked back slowly over time. Ive been dying to get this thing for months but now I'm actually considering taking it back before my 30 days is up.

sry to hear that man :(

that sucks

Upvote 0
Dammit. My phone acted up for the second time My phone turned off this time rather than rebooting.

The funny thing is both times this had happened was when the phone was in my pocket.

People were telling me maybe you somehow turned it off in your pocket but I think its very unlikely. But then again, there was never a time when it rebooted itself or shut down whenever I used it or had it on my desk at work.

You guys think I have a lemon and I should exchange it? Or am I just trippin?

Upvote 0
Just to share my experience with this....I'm on my third phone since 11/6. All returned due to freeze/rebooting. A phone with apps installed did this, a phone that had NOTHING but the operating system did it. Called CS after the second phone, got a $50 credit to my bill for my inconvenience and returned the phone for the third time to a completely different Verizon store. Haven't had a problem since.

My advice....return the thing. And keep returning them until you get a stable phone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones