1st release batch

Last Updated:

1. Araldo

Araldo Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Just curious if anyone is worried about getting a phone that is new on the day it is released. Last time I did that I was very disapointed. (VZW Storm 1 owner.) I waited in line to get this PoS and have hated the majority of time I have had it. Anyone worried about something like this with Droid X?

Advertisement
  2. Gnomesarealive

Gnomesarealive Well-Known Member

I believe most people on this forum (myself included) are not worried about this because we already know Android and have been using it for some time. It's just a hardware upgrade for us really, we will have the same OS that we are used to. If we like Android already, we will be happy with the X.
    I love Android, I just hate my Droid Eris.

3. Araldo

Im talking more along the lines of Hardware. I realize people have already been playing around with the X but does anyone think we will find any problems down the road with the hardware? (IPhone4 antenna)

4. Airmaxx23

Airmaxx23 Well-Known Member

I really don't think there will be any problems, there may be a few isolated issues but I doubt it. Mine has been flawless for 10 days so far.

5. JubbaTheHutt

JubbaTheHutt Well-Known Member

Wow, I thought I was the only one.

I too am a repressed Day 1 Storm owner.

6. Vihzel

Vihzel Destroying Balls Everyday VIP Member

Every phone will have its issues (ask the iPhone 4, Droid Incredible, EVO 4G, etc etc). No one really knows what issues the Droid X will have but just expect there to be one or two things that don't sit right with you. If you expect perfection, then you will only be disappointed if something goes wrong. If you don't expect it, then it wont be surprising at all.

7. Vihzel

Vihzel Destroying Balls Everyday VIP Member

Me too. I think Blackberry just put it together and said "Screw testing!"

8. 2009m6

2009m6 Well-Known Member

if they sell a million units, theyre is a good chance that 2-5% of the mill will have some issue. Thats a law of production....

i doubt you will see the X have any sort of issue after launch. just go look at the apple fanboy reviews. the minimal things they didnt like about the phone all point at froyo, which points at august.

...the hardware in the x is top tier. we all know this. now its the wait on the software, which isnt that long..

You have to understand, any flaw that this phone possesses has already been picked out.....Thank you, fanboys.

9. Araldo

They say August, but we all know how that goes. Hopefully they dont drop the Droid X when they release better phones. I just want Froyo and flash 10.1 B4 a new phone comes out.

10. 2009m6

2009m6 Well-Known Member

doubt they will drop support...

11. Wolfedude88

Wolfedude88 Well-Known Member

Well the Eris eventually got the 2.1 update, took a while but it got it. If that phone got the update then I think we will have no issues.

12. 2009m6

2009m6 Well-Known Member

yeah. and thats htc. they drop phones like iphones drop calls

13. Jofaba

Jofaba Well-Known Member

We've become a society that gets frustrated with our microwave ovens because they take so long to heat up our lunch.

It's a $200 mini-tablet that doubles as a cell phone. Just because the names make them sound like they're perfect machines (incredible/captivate/hero) doesn't mean they are. There are no perfect machines. Only device I can think of that I'd consider close to perfect is a solar powered basic calculator. Always works, never crashes, & completely reliable.

If it were possible to make a perfect device, void of problems and able to fufill your every technical desire, then there'd be no reason for you to buy the next one. That's not to say all the failures are somewhat on purpose, it's just that once they release a device they start a checklist of what's wrong with it, how to fix those problems, and make a better device available to you down the road.

That said, some problems are unforgivable. But that's what God created Class Action Lawsuits for!

14. Jofaba

Jofaba Well-Known Member

double-post because of site error. I only clicked submit once...

15. Araldo

RIM should be blasted into oblivion for coming out with the storm 1 then the storm 2 that quick. I hate BB b/c of the storm. Moving touchscreen = phone with a lot of problems.

16. ckochinsky125

ckochinsky125 Banned

yeah this is motorola not apple. They are pushing out good products and although there may be a few problems with a select few phones im not worried overall. If there is a problem you can always take it in for another

17. Araldo

This is true. From what I have seen on the reviews from the people that have gotten the phone early, there has not been any issues with hardware that I have seen. Software can always be fixed.

18. Clittzen

Clittzen Well-Known Member

Me four... :( It was a nightmare. But it was a brick I will say that. It took some damage from me.

19. Clittzen

Clittzen Well-Known Member

I think of course there will ALWAYS be issues with any phone on launch. Look at iOS4, nobody really knows anything about the X concretely yet, I had problems with my Incredible, Storm2, Storm, Pearl...

Its inevitable. But everythings fixable with updates to an extent.

EXCLUDING the Storm lol.

20. Araldo

Im gonna say it again. I HATE THE STORM!!!! LOL Biggest mistake of my life!

21. Gummibands

Gummibands Well-Known Member

You know the way I see it is this. I had to decide between RIM and Motorola and I choose Motorola. Why? They support their product and listen to their customers. The Blackberry users pretty much told me if you don't have to use one for work then don't and I took it and I'm glad I did. Motorola is pushing out great devices and backing them up with good updates and listening to their customers and fixing what they can with software updates and one the next phones fixing what users hated on prior models. So overall I think it'll be a solid phone, but just like with every phone there will be issues. So far Motorola hasn't failed it's customer base so it's with hope and optimism that the Droid X hits the markets here soon.

22. ckochinsky125

ckochinsky125 Banned

Yes motorola definitely listens to their customers and im sure if there is any problems that can be fixed via OTA they will work very hard and quickly to get one out there