1st time Android User trying to link contacts on Epic 4G

Last Updated:

1. Herbalacious

Herbalacious Member This Topic's Starter

Using the Samsung Epic 4G and loving it. This is my first android so bear with me. Tried searching all over..I'm not having any luck and it looks like some people are having to recreate all their contacts to sync them properly with facebook and phone groups? I've tried even making a new contact but still can't figure it out. My facebook group on my android says I have 0 contacts and I don't know why.

I want to link my facebook contacts with my google contacts. I copied all my contacts over from a nokia e72 (there's a video on youtube that shows how to copy from a nokia to android w/out having to re-enter everything)

All my contacts are saved under 'google' not 'phone' which is fine even though I don't have some of these ppls emails or anything it's nice to know I got my numbers backed up on google.

So can anyone tell me how I can sync Mary J. on my google contact to Mary Jane on facebook? I'd like to see her picture when I am flipping through my contacts ;)

Thanks to all in advance!

Advertisement
  2. brandiem09

brandiem09 Member

When you click on "Mary J." in your contacts, hit the menu button and there should be an option to link contact. Once you hit link contact, other contacts show up. If you have two "Mary J.'s" then the second one will show up first. Click on the second one and the contacts are instantly joined.

Hope this helps.

3. Herbalacious

Thanks! But, doesn't work :( All of my contacts are under the google group and there are no duplicates. My phone and facebook groups are empty and I can't seem to create a contact in the facebook group or to add contacts or anything. I'll keep playing around with it and hope I figure it out.

EDIT: ok making a lil progress and I think I found my problem. Going into the contacts screen, go to activities, press the menu button, hit accounts. Under manage accounts shows my facebook sync is off. I go to turn it on, and it attempts to sync but fails repeatedly :(

This has got to be why I'm getting 0 contacts in my facebook group. Gonna keep playing around with it..is anyone else using the epic and successfully synced their contacts between groups? I feel like it shouldn't be this hard..I have great coverage, wifi, 4g, etc.

4. Pitbull329

Pitbull329 Well-Known Member

5. Herbalacious

No need. I rebooted my phone, turned off wifi, 4g, and went to sync again and it worked. Maybe just because of the reboot but it all synced through 3g lol.

6. dr.pepper1

dr.pepper1 Well-Known Member

Hmmm...user name: Herbalacious, facebook contact: Mary Jane. I'm sensing a trend here.

Jamin3D likes this.