1X,3G Signal Strenght DXSupport

Last Updated:

1. Watson111505

Watson111505 JDUB VIP Member This Topic's Starter

Anyone else know of a problem with the DX constantly loosing 3G and staying on 1X...for about 2 weeks now my X keeps doing this.
    Thanks to all who reply.!!!!!

Advertisement
  2. Pointguard1122

Pointguard1122 Well-Known Member

I am not sure why this happens. I work downtown denver and this is constantly happening to mine. My buddies Droid1 shows 3G almost all the time. I can set our phones side by side and this still happens.

3. bigbadwulff

bigbadwulff Well-Known Member

*228 lately?

4. cynkrzy

cynkrzy Active Member

Right after I bought my X I got a call from a regional sales mgr regarding a comment I made on their survey. I had noticed that I would lose all or almost all signal at home on weekend mornings, his explanation was they were testing their new 4g network and that was causing the problem I was experiencing.

No way to know if it's true, the real reason or what., but that's what he said.

5. WTF

WTF Well-Known Member

I'm in the southern Denver area and I see 3G pretty much all the time. Sometimes if I'm in a car along the foothills on 470 the signal will intermittently go between 1X and 3G, but stationary in Denver its pretty solid. I do the *228 update often - perhaps that may help?

6. khsjsilver

khsjsilver Well-Known Member

The inability of the Droid X to hold a 3g signal is a known issue with this phone that many Droid X owners have been experiencing. Unfortunately, Motorola refuses to officially acknowledge that this phone has this problem. I you go the the Motorola Owner's Forum, it is a big topic of conversation.

Don't believe anyone that tells you that the problem is with Verizon's 3g signal. I have a Verizon Blackberry for my work email. I can hold the Blackberry in my left hand and my Droid X in my right. The Droid X constantly loses the 3g signal dropping to 1x while the Blackberry never waivers off 3g.

There are many problems that people have experienced with the Droid X. I feel that this is the most frustrating one and there are no work arounds for it. I also fear that this will never be fixed by Motorola.