1X only, can i turn 3G off?

Last Updated:

1. jrappy87

jrappy87 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

How can i make it so the DROID says 1X only? Is there an app that could disable 3G, i was able to do it with my voyager.

Advertisement
  2. potatolover1102

potatolover1102 Well-Known Member

Go into the dialing pad in the phone and dial *#*#4636#*#*. It will open automatically without hitting call and then do phone information and scroll down to the CDMA auto tab and click it and change to cdma only!

3. potatolover1102

May I also ask why you are doing this? Have you done the new prl update *228 option 2 that recently added very large network enhancements nationwide and brought some new coverage never previously available?

4. jrappy87

jrappy87 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

thanks bro, i was just wondering because i notice that my signal is more reliable with 3G off. at my brothers house i will have 4 bars throughout the whole house but then while i'm on a call it will go down to 2 bars throughout the whole house. i wish my phone had 1x and EV symbols like my voyager had.

5. potatolover1102

Amen to the signal status. I always loved that, I also had a voyager and I do not like this whole 3g only thing and when I had the storm it only showed 1x lol. I want both. I do not see why they cant do it? Seriously though you need to do the prl now because it has completely changed people's service drastically already.