• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help 1x to 3G back to 1x??

fluffyfrogg

Sep 15, 2010
So I'm noticing that when I'm not really using my phone, the notification bar says 1x at the top. Then I'll try going into facebook or the browser and it goes really slow. Only after about a few minutes does it go back to 3G... Is it supposed to work this way? I'm a total noob and just came from a palm pre..

EDIT: I also noticed that especially in the market, I get a lot of "server errors" and I have to close it all down and go into the market again. Besides that, I can hardly ever see any screenshots of apps and it keeps loading until it says "Server error please try again"...
Is anyone else having the same problems? I don't want to keep dealing with this..

But I had the palm pre plus with verizon and had NO issues with facebook, the app catalog, or even with 3G. It worked flawlessly and never gave me any errors.. I'm also noticing that I have to be considerably closer to my router for the wifi to work on my fascinate. Where as with my pre I could be at the opposite end of the house and I'd get signal...

Upvote 0
But I had the palm pre plus with verizon and had NO issues with facebook, the app catalog, or even with 3G. It worked flawlessly and never gave me any errors.. I'm also noticing that I have to be considerably closer to my router for the wifi to work on my fascinate. Where as with my pre I could be at the opposite end of the house and I'd get signal...
Update your phone with *228. It really, helped mine.

Upvote 0
So I'm noticing that when I'm not really using my phone, the notification bar says 1x at the top. Then I'll try going into facebook or the browser and it goes really slow. Only after about a few minutes does it go back to 3G... Is it supposed to work this way? I'm a total noob and just came from a palm pre..

EDIT: I also noticed that especially in the market, I get a lot of "server errors" and I have to close it all down and go into the market again. Besides that, I can hardly ever see any screenshots of apps and it keeps loading until it says "Server error please try again"...
Is anyone else having the same problems? I don't want to keep dealing with this..

Yep, I get the server error very often, especially in areas that I know have good/strong coverage. Never had these problems with my DINC. Think I'll be returning the Fascinate tomorrow. Just too many problems.

Upvote 0

Your not the only one. It happens to me at work which is a normally 3 bars and it making it hard to send large files or photos via emails. I called tech support but they wanna see if it does the same at home. If it does they said to call back so that they can send me a new one. I did go into a Verizon store yesterday and told them that but they did nothing. I did notice that the display one would maintain 3 bars with no fluctuation so I'm guessing mine is a defective device.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones