1xRTT vs EvDo rev. ASupport

Last Updated:

1. jasons803

jasons803 New Member This Topic's Starter

I usually get -85 dBm to -95 dBm at home and have been able to connect to 3G since I got the phone two months ago. But for the last few days, my phone has only been connecting to 1xRTT while at home (wifi off). My wives phone is connecting to 3G just fine. Is there an app to force it to stay connected to EvDo rev. A? I use EasyTether at home, so this is getting annoying!

Advertisement
  2. thelastdraco

thelastdraco Well-Known Member

im not sure about the app but u can try dialing *228 and select option 2 usually works for most 3G problems

3. jasons803

jasons803 New Member This Topic's Starter

Well, I am still not connecting to 3G, I wonder if I should just do a factory reset.

4. kjt1121

kjt1121 New Member

I just got 3 incredibles. I have them all in my house right now and one of them has 1x (vs 3G). I noticed that they were signed into differnet networks and just updated them. They are all now signed into the EvDo Rev.A network, but one phone still comes up with 1x. Ironically, I think that this is the only phone where I putzed around with the Verizon install disc. Has anybody with 1x vs. 3G problems gotten 1x reception after using the Verizon software?

5. sdrawkcab25

sdrawkcab25 Well-Known Member

try toggling airplane mode on and off.