2.1 and MMS/EMS messaging questionsGeneral

Last Updated:

1. Extodus

Extodus Active Member This Topic's Starter

I was wondering if 2.1 still had the following bugs/problems that myself, and a lot of people seem to encounter with 1.5, or if it's phone specific not OS specific.

1. Problems receiving picture messages. Specifically receiving a message saying "Message not downloaded. Retransmission scheduled for XX:XX", even if you click "Download" button multiple times.

2. When receiving a text message longer than 160 characters, you get a message saying "The preceding messages modified. Media objects removed." and the sender gets a message saying that you do not support enhanced messaging service, even though you DO actually receive the entire message. I know the Incredible doesn't have this problem, but the Eris does.

Advertisement
  2. bboydeffect

bboydeffect Member

yes it still sode it think the leakv3 is the sameas the ota jsut test it out

3. bboydeffect

bboydeffect Member

and that might be a hardwere problem not getting pics cuz i never had that

4. jusdebbie

jusdebbie Well-Known Member

I had those probs on my 1.5 and recently got the incredible. No probs with that but i like the eris better. I keep reactivating it to see if i got the update and to check if those things are fixed but no such luck yet. Btw, i did 2 hard resets AND even got a new eris along the way with all the bugs and they came back every time after a few weeks.

5. Extodus

Yup, I've also read stories online of people factory resetting and getting new Eris' and still have the same problems. I'm really banking on 2.1 fixing them, if not then I'm going to the Verizon store and crying until they do something.

6. Extodus

I'm now on 2.1 and both of these issues seem to be fixed! Yay!

7. sanjg2k1

sanjg2k1 Active Member

As per Samsung (in the context of their product Galaxy S - Android 2.1), EMS is not supported and it is indeed surprising.

8. Demache

Demache Well-Known Member

I honestly don't. Most handsets have the capability for MMS now. There really is no reason to use EMS anymore.