2.1 and running apps

Last Updated:

1. aggressor2323

aggressor2323 Member This Topic's Starter

I just received the OTA last night for 2.1 and now it looks like MP3 store keeps popping back up as a running app. Is there anyway to kill it completely? Same with corporate calendar?

Advertisement
  2. nolalou

nolalou Member

I noticed the same thing, I have apps I never use showing up as running, MP3 Store, Voice Dialer, etc. I kill them, and they just come back! Also since the OTA, battery life is terrible. I ended up turning off the 3G internet access to save batteries. (I mainly use WiFi anyhow, as I have access at home & work)

3. corbinator

corbinator Well-Known Member

Yes some apps are persistant, and will continually update themselvs. if you have taskiller they will show up in green. if they are green they are there but not using resourses so it's not a problem. The only thing you should realy worry about are the things in grey, and yellow. You can also set to auto kill these items when you lock the phone but they will just show up again when you unlock it. messed up I know but oh well, the only other way around is to root and if you are not a very savvy user I wouldn't recommend it.

4. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

Time and time again - we have had arguments back and forth.

Stop killing apps - the best advice you could ever follow.

If there are apps that you simply do not use and do not want to use, get rooted and get rid of them permanently instead.

Yo're wearing out your phone more by killing apps that keep restarting than leaving them alone, sitting there doing nothing.