2.1 Applications Safe To UninstallSupport

Last Updated:

1. ECBomb

ECBomb Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I asked this on XDA and no one has replied so far, so I'll give this a shot here. And I thought this was worthy of its own thread cuz I was pretty clueless on where to go.

Ok, so I deleted the following things from my phone using Titanium Backup (if anything looks like I screwed up SOMEONE PLEASE LET ME KNOW!):

- Korean and Danish keyboards
    - Moxier Mail
    - Face Recognition
    - Creatouch
    - User Guide + User Guide Client
    - Play Now
    - Setup Guide
    - TrackID
    - everything Timescape (8 files in total) *ok, this seems to have screwed up my camera photos and won't read my SD card pictures or the pictures I had taken (except for 2 photos in total). If anyone has the original 8 files and can hook them up PLUS TUTORIAL ON HOW TO REINSTALL THEM, then that would be AWESOME! For some odd reason, I backed the files in Ti Backup, but they aren't showing anymore...so a heads up for people backing the core default files, be careful what you delete. Or are they stored somewhere else that I'm unaware of?*

Also, I'm really looking to get rid of "Voice Dialer" and "Office Suite". Anyone know if removing it will screw up any function of the phone?

Advertisement
  2. lilirose

lilirose Member

Yeah, removing Timescape is a bad idea. I don't know how to get it back without doing a factory reset, but possibly someone else will. Of course, if this is a very new 2.1 install that you haven't customized too much yet, maybe doing a factory reset would be the easiest solution.

You can safely remove Office Suite, but if you do so and you run across a PDF on the web or as an email attachment, you won't be able to view it. I found this out the hard way and so have left it on my current 2.1 install.

3. wynney666

wynney666 Well-Known Member

Dont know if you know but Adobe reader is available if your 2.1
    Introducing Adobe Reader for Android Adobe Reader Blog

4. Gurba

Gurba Well-Known Member

Removing Timescape will mess up the phonebook. It'll FC when using some of the features.

5. cwepruk

cwepruk Well-Known Member

I have timescape frozen (and did before) without issue, but I use aContacts for my contacts.

6. ECBomb

ECBomb Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

The phonebook and dialer works completely fine after I removed Timescape. The issue I have with it is that when I go into Mediascape, only 2 out of all my camera pictures and SD card wallpapers+profile pictures of my friends are showing, everything else just vanished. The call log still works, everything works fine except the things I just mentioned...it's rather annoying as I do like putting pictures for my contacts manually (compared to facebook sync) and change my wallpaper quite often as well.

Since I flashed it my phone to the Nordic 2.1 FW, would factory resetting it on my phone simply give me back the default Nordic 2.1 FW?