2.1 at sprint store

Last Updated:

1. Papoise

Papoise Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Can they update your phone at the sprint store using 2.1.

Advertisement
  2. dtmob22

dtmob22 Member

If you are smart ...Sure you are then stay away from the update until furthur notice . Trust me on this one bro !!!!

3. Eaglesfan9106

Eaglesfan9106 Well-Known Member

can they put 2.1 on ur phone at sprint? Yes. but u can just do it urself. all yuo have to do is have htc sync downloaded and installed. You can go to the htc site for that and then just download the actual 2.1 upgrade. Then when a file comes up when its downloaded click it twice plug ur phone in and go from there easy as that

4. Papoise

Until further notice I'm going have to wait for 2.1 it looks all bad what r some positives about 2.1.

5. Eaglesfan9106

Eaglesfan9106 Well-Known Member

To be honest nothing really. the only thing i have problems with is the laggy landscape keyboard but i can deal with that. I suggest you do it. Its worth it for all the apps you get the new market pinch to zoom on the home screens new widgets better browser i mean theres morec positive then negative, for me anyways.

6. KitsapAndroid

KitsapAndroid Well-Known Member

It's not all bad. In fact, I'm actually liking it. Extra widgets in Sense, fun little weather animations on your homescreen, updated market, better battery info, better settings menu....that's just a few things I am liking. I know I've said it before, but I will say it again to you Papoise, Root your phone, then install a non-official 2.1. Worst case, you don't like and you can revert back to 1.5. Best case, you love 2.1 and you have root access on your phone. Either way, you win.

7. Papoise

Thanks. Guess I will be taking a trip to the sprint store.

8. MadBrown

MadBrown Well-Known Member

It's definitely not all bad. I love having more app choices, and the new UI in the Android Market is so much better. I also have better battery life and since getting 2.1 have not had the need for a task killer app.

9. r-sky

r-sky Member

I'm still torn about upgrading to 2.1 as well. I could live with laggy keyboard, BT and other "minor" issues. My biggest concern is the problem some people report with dialing and recieving calls. For me, this is primarily a phone and if basic phone functions are problematic, then it is a huge problem for me.

As for rooting, I've read the tutorial over several times, but still not sure I can take that leap. There are still some gray areas in the process I do not understand enough to try it. (Okay, I am cautious, but don't want to brick my phone.) I plan to read more and might take the step to root, but need some more questions answered. I plan to ask those in the rooting threads.