2.1 back down to 1.5 WITHOUT ROOT! (READ POST #102)General

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Last Updated:

1. motoxcreature

motoxcreature Active Member This Topic's Starter

I gave my cousin my phone last week so he could try and downgrade it to 1.5 because if you all remember I was having trackball issues and they wouldn't take it because it had 2.1 on it. Well, my cousin is basically a coding genius. He found a loop hole in the code that allows you to downgrade your 2.1 eris back down to 1.5 without root. He finally got mine today and if you guys want I'll post pictures tomorrow with my firmware and kernel number and everything. I would post them now but my mom has the only camera besides the one on my Eris and she's not home. He said that he'll give me a tutorial sometime this weekend or some time around there so that I could post it on here (he has college finals this week and doesn't have time to write it up).

I'll keep you guys updated on it and post it once he emails it to me.

Edit:
    Please read: http://androidforums.com/htc-droid-...ithout-root-read-post-102-a-3.html#post630242

The OP has agreed to submit it to Trident and acidbath5546 before hand to ensure the legitimacy of this so that nobody ends up bricking their phone. We will be quick to test it and get it out there to you, I promise.

Advertisement
    ky90025, ljbaumer, thenestor and 4 others like this.
  2. LiverpoolsNo9

LiverpoolsNo9 Well-Known Member

Well hopefully this is 100% BS free.

If it is I look forward to it.

3. deathratlehead

deathratlehead Well-Known Member

That would be cool if it could be done.

4. droidkevlar

droidkevlar Well-Known Member

I am sure a lot of ppl are hoping this is like when the guy posted he had the v2 leak and took him a while to post it.

5. adrenalinerush12

adrenalinerush12 Well-Known Member

If this is bs, I'm about to pissed.

6. jwm2

jwm2 Well-Known Member

LOL i seriously doubt it, i've heard this song and dance before. Its always a cousin, uncle, brother or some kind of relative. In fact i will put $100 of my own money via paypal up. If the OP posts the guide by the end of this weekend and it works and is verifiable, i will send him $100 via paypal no questions asked. That ought to at least buy him and his cousin a few 12 packs to make it worth their while.

7. adrenalinerush12

Nice. It probably isn't true, I bet you're right. Idk why I always get excited everytime someone posts this crap.

Haha, he probably found a way to change the 2.1 text on the software version page to 1.5.

8. motoxcreature

First of all, it is true. Second of all, I couldn't change the text of the software version because I'm not root. I don't trust myself with being root.

9. LiverpoolsNo9

LiverpoolsNo9 Well-Known Member

So rough explanation of how it was done?

10. motoxcreature

If I don't even trust myself with root, how do you want me to explain something that many of the devs couldn't get? You will have the guide probably sometime this weekend. If you guys keep bashing me about it, I just wont release this shit and say "**** you guys" and laugh.

I thought that I was doing you guys a favor with helping you out and letting you guys know that an exploit was found. ****.

mib12890 likes this.
  11. T2noob

T2noob Well-Known Member

lol..Hopefully this is true.
    Your cousin would be come a GOD in the ERIS crowd.

12. mib12890

mib12890 Member

They aren't bashing you. I'm on cloud 9 right now that it's possible because I regret flashing the leak everyday seeing all the stuff you can do rooted. Thanks ahead of time when you get the way to do it posted :D

13. PimpShit420

PimpShit420 Active Member

Hopefully he has found an exploit. I for one would love to know how to downgrade and wouldn't really care who or how it was found, so I don't really see the reason to bash the OP for his information before there is any reason.

Hopefully we will see an How To: by the end of the week! Thank your cousin for us all....

14. cabbie12

cabbie12 Member

If true I for one will be very appreciative. If your full of BS then you deserve the comments but if not you will be very praised. I'm just a guy trying to root my phone, nobody special. I know there are thousands of people waiting for news so dont let the comments of a few....

15. TheProfessional

TheProfessional Well-Known Member

I don't think anyone was bashing you... Sensitive are we?

If your cousin did indeed find a way to downgrade, that's great! And many people would be very grateful.

If i were...i wouldn't have posted without the tutorial. I understand that you just wanted to notify people, but you have to understand something about 99% of the people on here. They are like little children, in the fact that they have ZERO patience for anything.

So when you post about the mythical downgrade unicorn that the impatient people want because they all flashed to the leaked 2.1 version.... You have to expect a few, "Wah Wah i want it now" replies.

Personally i could care less (since i have root), but if you decide not to post the tutorial just because a few idiots, doesn't that make you just as bad??

hallstevenson likes this.
  16. gruss

gruss Well-Known Member

Yeah you have to understand the skepticsm. So many including me will be kissing your ass if true, but a lot of stuff just never materializes.

17. T2noob

T2noob Well-Known Member

+1
    That goes for me also as you can tell from my signature I could care less if this is true, but i know a pretty high percentage of this forums jumped the gun on leak, including me but i ended getting a new phone due to issues i was having with the speaker so i was able to root.

18. adrenalinerush12

Dude I wasn't trying to bash you. I'm on 2.1 leak and have been waiting for a long freakin time on a downgrade, I've just heard a lot of BS in the past and I guess I didn't expect this to be true. I'll have some hope. If this IS true, your cousin is about to become famous.

19. mixedlemon

mixedlemon New Member

Cool, I'll check back later for the tutorial.

20. wildtouch83

wildtouch83 Well-Known Member

in for the possible downgrade tutorial.

I'm very curious about this because I understand it being a problem of a different boot loader being put on w/ the 2.1 leaks, not an actual problem with code.

Let's hope this works out. There will be a lot of grateful people.

21. smacky

smacky Banned

[​IMG]

ttran97 likes this.
  22. thetingster

thetingster Well-Known Member

Okay, I just got some popcorn and am gonna watch this thread. This should be interesting.

23. gary1973

gary1973 Active Member

I think I am going to wear out my refresh button.

24. mib12890

mib12890 Member

Lol same here

25. superchaos

superchaos Well-Known Member

I am in for $30 via paypal if this is legit. That is $130 total so far. And anyone who doesn't put up the bucks after they say they would should get a perma ban from the site, even the Incredible forum.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.