• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root 2.1 Based Rom Help

So Ive only flashed with 2.2 roms with mainly clockwork mod 2.5 and 3.0. and thats all im used to right now. Dont remember how i did this on my moment. However I wanted to try the eclair based Syndicate rom today and I got an error message about it not being supported and something about gingerbread. What do I do to flash it? Do i just have to use a lower version of CWM than 3.0? Or can i just rename the zip to update.zip and do the regular built android system? Im lost. Help would be appreciated. Thanks.

So Ive only flashed with 2.2 roms with mainly clockwork mod 2.5 and 3.0. and thats all im used to right now. Dont remember how i did this on my moment. However I wanted to try the eclair based Syndicate rom today and I got an error message about it not being supported and something about gingerbread. What do I do to flash it? Do i just have to use a lower version of CWM than 3.0? Or can i just rename the zip to update.zip and do the regular built android system? Im lost. Help would be appreciated. Thanks.

what you could do is Odin back to stock di18(Eclair), then re-root with One-Click/Clockwork 2.5.... then you will be able to flash Syndicate. you can't use Clockwork 3.0 because that is for flashing ext4 roms, which are all Froyo-based i believe.

Upvote 0
what you could do is Odin back to stock di18(Eclair), then re-root with One-Click/Clockwork 2.5.... then you will be able to flash Syndicate. you can't use Clockwork 3.0 because that is for flashing ext4 roms, which are all Froyo-based i believe.

Yup, that is correct. 3.0 automatically converts to ext 4 which is edify script where everything pre 3.0 is rfs script.

Upvote 0
Thanks guys for helping me out. I installed Syndicate last night and was expecting a really ifast basic stock rom but it ran just as slow and choppy as all of the 2.2 roms I have loaded. Also there was no custom kernel for some reason wich was the reason I even wanted to try that rom. It seems on my phone Stock blazes over all roms I ever use. No idea why. Ehh...

Upvote 0
Thanks guys for helping me out. I installed Syndicate last night and was expecting a really ifast basic stock rom but it ran just as slow and choppy as all of the 2.2 roms I have loaded. Also there was no custom kernel for some reason wich was the reason I even wanted to try that rom. It seems on my phone Stock blazes over all roms I ever use. No idea why. Ehh...

which version of Syndicate did you try? the 'superslim' version does not have the custom xtreme kernel built in..... but the 'standard' and 'loaded' versions do.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones