• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
I just wanted to report my battery status after almost a full two days of "normal" use for me. Normal for me (on the weekends) consists of checking email, messaging with my wife, and 5 to 10 phone calls in a day. On top of that, a good hour to an hour and a half total web browsing (checking forums and other sites I check frequently).

I unplugged my phone from the charger yesterday around 7:30am. Up through today at 12:15 pm (so, going on almost 30 hours without turning off the phone), I'm still sitting at 40% of my battery left. During all this time, I have also taken some time to rearrange shortcuts, download a few apps (around 5), and create new Better Cuts shortcuts. I also used it today during an hour long Church meeting to take notes.

From this, my battery life has improved with 2.1. Overall, during all that time, I have a 17% awake time with the current battery usage:

Cell standby: 53%
Phone idle: 20%
Wi-Fi: 15%
Android System: 7%
Voice calls: 3%
Display: 2%

Upvote 0
I just checked my awake time and noticed it's very high as well. Out of the 23 hours it's been Up, only 4 minutes of that has it not been "awake".

Cell Standby is listed under Battery Use at 67% of my juice.

Anyone else seeing stats like that?

I get the same thing plus my battery hasn't been as good as when I had 1.5 installed. I just did a roaming update (*228 opt 2) and I will see if that makes any difference. But I'm also about worried about the system saying it never sleeps. I know the SMS program had an issue with the early versions of 1.5 but I have no clue what is keeping my phone awake.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones