2.1 Battery Not Charging Fix

Last Updated:

1. shamrock11

shamrock11 Active Member This Topic's Starter

Today I took my Sprint HTC Hero to a Sprint store to upgrade to Android 2.1. In my opinion, I don't think it was worth upgrading the software. I really liked the options in 1.5 more especially the camera app. Any way, after getting home, my batter was almost dead. I pluged the micro usb cable into my Hero and attempted to charge it via an a/c charger. It started to charge from 10% slowly but then only went to 22% and stopped and stayed there for 2 hours. The back of my Hero was REALLY hot. I shut off the phone and let it cool and tried again. Same thing happened. I noticed that when you are using the phone and charging it in 2.1, the battery starts to die and it gets hot even quicker. Shutting the phone off and charging didnt help. What did and is still working, is putting the phone in Airplane mode, killing unnecessary running apps/widgets with the Advanced Task Killer by ReChild and then proceding to charge the phone. After leaving it like this for 30 minutes, the back of the phone was no longer hot and the battery percent went up from 22% to 33%, it is continuing to charge now. If you are having this issue, I suggest you use this method to charge your phone until the bug is fixed. This is such a pain because if your using Sprint Navigation in the car and your battery is about to die, you cannot charge it. The phone will remain on after using a car charger to charge it but the battery percent wont increase and it will get really hot. I guess we have to charge the phone before every use from now on? Android 2.1 is a lot of bugs. They made us wait this long for it and they have still failed to fix the major issues that were supposed to be fixed with this update IMO.

Advertisement
  2. wallyy

wallyy Well-Known Member

Did you talk to Sprint about this? Maybe it's just your phone? Check with them I say.

And btw, what did you like more about the 1.5 camera app than the 2.1?

3. shamrock11

shamrock11 Active Member This Topic's Starter

Zoom with the trackball and it didn't FORCE you to take pictures in landscape mode.