• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

2.1 Bugs and Questions - Post em here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

So I just updated my Moto Droid to 2.1 last Sat A.M., works great except for the fact that the green notification light does NOT work when my droid is in the docking station or the gps holder. Obviously this has to do with the magnets, as when I remove the phone from the holder, the green light does start to blink, and when I return the phone to the holder, it disappears. I tried restarting the phone but no luck. :mad:

Help?

Upvote 0
I just got 2.1 and went to the gallery found some pics I wanted to delete and there is no option to delete. Am I missing something??? Is there some documentation on how to use the gallery now?

I've not seen documentation but you should be able to delete images from your gallery w/o much trouble.

If you're looking at the "folder" view (a bunch of thumbnails of your pics), click and hold on one and it will place a checkmark on it. You can then check as many pics as you like and you should have an option to delete.

If you're looking at a single picture, clicking on either "more" or your general 4-lines menu button should give you an option to delete as well.

Upvote 0
A couple things I've noticed on my Droid after the 2.1 update..

(Note: I was rooted and overclocked on 2.0.1. Went back to stock 2.0.1 via sbf file using RSDLite and got 2.1 to install)

- Live Wallpapers make the phone chug along. This thing was not designed to run Live Wallpapers plus n widgets at just 550Mhz. Switched back to using a non-live wallpaper and the performance improvement is significant.

- Using HelixLauncher, but sometimes the widgets on the screen will randomly refresh (e.g., after a call, coming back from standby, after hitting "Home" button, etc.). It doesn't happen enough to be annoying, but it's a bit puzzling that it's doing that at all.

- Some general lag and choppiness when using different programs.

Haven't done a battery pull since installing (last Friday, 4/2), so that may fix some of the issues, but this is what I've been seeing so far.

Upvote 0
i downloaded a few live wallpapers.. they installed and stuff, but i have no idea where they are and how to use them! any ideas or help?
You can likely find them here:
From your homescreen, press the menu button > press "Wallpapers" > press "Live Wallpapers"
From there, you will see a list of LWP's including the ones that were included in the update and the ones that you downloaded.
Hope that helps... :D

Upvote 0
I updated on Saturday, and had no issue with GMail push -- up until last night. I wondered why I had no new email since 8pm yesterday, and found that there were many that hadn't been pushed to my Droid. I could retrieve them by selecting "refresh" from the menu, but the automatic sync appears broken today. Could this be related to the phone OS, or is there a system problem at Google?

Upvote 0
Apparently the new gallery does not do very well if you have a whole lot of pictures and videos on the phone. I transferred all my stuff from to my PC and then formated the SD card. The gallery now loads right away instead of trying to load for 10 or 20 minutes. It works fine now but I'm a bit annoyed that I can't have all my pics and vids on the phone like I want to.

Upvote 0
How come I do not see a microphone next to text boxes. I went to google and I do not see one next to the box. Is it only available on some text boxes?

@Wallstreet: to turn on/off Speech to Text, follow the below from your homescreen:

Click your Menu button
Click Settings
Click Language and Keyboard
Click Android Keyboard Onscreen Keyboard settings
Check Voice Input

This replaces the comma on your onscreen keyboard with a microphone that initates Speech to Text. Personally, I use the comma way more than Speech to Text, so although the comma is then in the ALT screen, it's not worth the extra click for me. I did test it out and it worked pretty well tho.

Hope this helps.

E

Reactions: jmt9779
Upvote 0
@Wallstreet: to turn on/off Speech to Text, follow the below from your homescreen:

Click your Menu button
Click Settings
Click Language and Keyboard
Click Android Keyboard Onscreen Keyboard settings
Check Voice Input

This replaces the comma on your onscreen keyboard with a microphone that initates Speech to Text. Personally, I use the comma way more than Speech to Text, so although the comma is then in the ALT screen, it's not worth the extra click for me. I did test it out and it worked pretty well tho.

Hope this helps.

E

Aha! So I'm not losing my mind!... I just got my OTA update this morning and I thought I was imagining things every time I tried to type a comma!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones