2.1 can't make callsGeneral

Last Updated:

1. maddawg

maddawg Member This Topic's Starter

I looked around and really cont find an answer to this...

I love 2.1 but now my phone barely works to make calls. I can make a call, but then if I try to make another, the phone will just go black. The other person says they can hear me, but I hear nothing.

Is there a fix other than shutting off the phone after every call????

Advertisement
  2. ttran97

ttran97 Well-Known Member

I hate the Dialer and People in 2.1 with Sense. I use the app Home Switcher to use the generic Home instead of Sense. Now I can use the phone as a phone and actually call people without thinking that my phone crashed.

3. gavin77

gavin77 Well-Known Member

Yeah....my wifes Eris is all jacked up now with phone calls as well...needles to say she's not too happy about it.....any ideas on how to fix this?

4. smacky

smacky Banned

I reported this within a day of the leak and there's still no fix. It doesn't even have to be a phone call, if the phone just sits there (not even sure what triggers it) the speaker craps out. So I can see the screen and the trackball flashing when a call comes in, but no ringtone and no voice. I don't think the microphone works either.

The temporary fix is to restart the phone. Remember, the 2.1 we have is essentially a beta and this is one of the bugs. It's one of the risks you absorb by upgrading an official ROM.

5. gruss

gruss Well-Known Member

Even after reflashing it does this? Mine talks fine I just have to be very careful of apps. Seems a lot of them don't like 2.1 sense or something. Wavesecure spiked my awake time today for instance.