2.1 causes BT music to skipSupport

Last Updated:

1. joemonkey

joemonkey Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

ever since i updated to 2.1, i have noticed, using my BT headset, now skips and pauses when listening to music. this has never happened when i was running 1.6, i am using the sony ericsson mx600.

has anyone experienced music skipping as well? if so, is there a work around?

Advertisement
  2. Podivin

Podivin VIP Member VIP Member

My phone skips when I have the WiFi radio on, but am out of range of any WiFi (when it searches it causes the BT to skip). So you might try turning off WiFi to see if that helps.

3. joemonkey

joemonkey Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

well, i do have WiFi on when i am at home connecting my wireless home but then i do not usually turn it off when i am out on the streets. plus i do not have data plan with t-mobile so my WiFi should not be working when i am away from home.

are you implying it may be still searching constantly when i am out walking around, when it does it causes the skip?

interesting scenario, i will try it without WiFi next time i am on the bus.

4. Podivin

Podivin VIP Member VIP Member

Yes, WiFi searches for signals periodically. You actually 'know' this by virtue of the fact that it automatically connects to your home WiFi (and any others you may have logged in to) when you walk in the door. The only way it could do that is with a periodic search. When you get home it sees a ssid it recognizes and connects.