2.1 Could be comming very soon to the Magic.

Last Updated:

1. TriC

TriC Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

This is great news/assurance from HTC now... I have been following the Tweets from HTC and when something like this is posted it not much long after an update is released. Saw this with T-Mobile when they had their update to 1.6 a few months ago... it was just weeks after they said something along the same lines in a tweet from HTC...

I wonder if HTC will not even be doing the 1.6 update and just going to 2.1

http://twitter.com/htc/status/9309192395

Advertisement
  2. vikingisson

vikingisson Well-Known Member

Well they won't be doing a 1.6 for Rogers because they already did one months ago for the other guys and now is the time for 2.1. The really funny thing is that had they done a 1.6 for us bassakward folks up here at the same time as the rest of the planet we could have avoided the entire 911/GPS/DataCut/Brick/Blah nonsense in the 1st place. Wait, that isn't so funny actually. And the Dream would be on 1.6 just like anyone that rooted and desired 1.6. So much of this craziness would never have happened.

This whole experience is just another reason to keep the providers out of the software business now that we're into serious smart phones. They can provide the locked down and crippled version for the average joe but don't shove it down my phone with threats if I choose what I think is a better version.