2.1 DD03 Phone / Audio Routing IssueSupport

Last Updated:

1. dhubba

dhubba Member This Topic's Starter

I upgraded from CL14 --> 2.1 DD03 last night. I've noticed the following issue with my Bluetooth / audio routing in my car.

Scenario
    * Moment successfully paired to car's Bluetooth after DD03
    * I can make/receive calls via Bluetooth -- voice commands with my car's Bluetooth system and call is successfully placed by Moment
    * My car has an RCA/AUX jack - I've connected that to my Moment's headphone jack to listen to podcasts while commuting to work.

Here's where the problem starts. If the Moment's headphone jack is connected to my car's AUX input with an RCA cable, I can place calls via Bluetooth (or I can hear the ringing of an incoming call) but when the call is connected (incoming/outgoing) the audio isn't being sent from the Moment to the car's speaker. I know the call is connected because I see the call duration timer on the Moment's dialer screen -- and more importantly, if I remove the cable from the headphone jack the audio is then routed to the car's speaker via Bluetooth. If I plug the cable back into the jack, the audio stops again.

I'm pretty sure that this wasn't a problem in CL14.

Any repros? Known issue?

David

Advertisement
  2. stooge

stooge New Member

You are not alone. I am dealing with the same thing. Tried my moment and a replacement from Sprint and still there. It is a software issue, so all we can do is stand up and yell loudly. The support supervisor was nice but said all they can do is report it as an issue and see where it goes from there once it gets into the programming dept.

3. dhubba

dhubba Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks for the confirmation. It's still an issue in DE03 / official 2.1.

4. wburbage

wburbage Active Member

I'm having the same exact issue. The audio routed fine in the original and CL14 stock versions but once I flashed over to DE03 the problem started. Now when a call comes in the call gets routed through the stereo and not the bluetooth.

Makes disconnecting and reconnecting the audio line while driving rather interesting.

5. ovrrdrive

ovrrdrive Well-Known Member

This problem showed up when the first copies of 2.1 got leaked. It's been like that in dd03, dd10 and the final too. Seems like it would be a simple fix too.

6. gblinckmann

gblinckmann Well-Known Member

I, too, am having the same problem. It baffled me for quite a while until I figured out what was going on.