• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

2.1 Execuable Not Working, RUU Setup

AndroidElk

Lurker
May 20, 2010
I have been trying for hours now to get my HTC Hero phone upgraded to 2.1, but am still having problems. After fixing my HTC Sync issue, now I have the RUU Setup (2.1 Executable to upgrade) to deal with.

I try to open the executable file, both normally and as administrator, but all it would give me is a loading screen for about four seconds. The loading bar would go to the end, and then close down. The wizard does not pop up at all. Can I get any help with this? It's been four hours since I've tried doing this.

I'm running Windows 7 Home Premium 32-bit

Sadly that did not work, although now I notice that the Setup wizard does pop up, but for a fraction of a second. Then it disappears. I have downloaded many different variants of the exe file, but nothing.

Worst case scenario, I'll just go to a Sprint store tomorrow and let them do it. Anyone else have a suggestion and I'd be glad to hear it.

Upvote 0
I have been trying for hours now to get my HTC Hero phone upgraded to 2.1, but am still having problems. After fixing my HTC Sync issue, now I have the RUU Setup (2.1 Executable to upgrade) to deal with.

I try to open the executable file, both normally and as administrator, but all it would give me is a loading screen for about four seconds. The loading bar would go to the end, and then close down. The wizard does not pop up at all. Can I get any help with this? It's been four hours since I've tried doing this.

I'm running Windows 7 Home Premium 32-bit

I'm having the same issue.
Anyone come up with a solution?
I have temporarily uninstalled anti-virus and disabled system restore.
Not sure what else to do?
:thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones