2.1 gallery apk for incredibleTips

Last Updated: 2010-07-19 12:51:18
  1. Musky

Musky Well-Known Member

Thanks for the upload!

I just installed "Gallery" and it seems to work well. I am having the problem mentioned where it sees the photos on my SD card, but not the ones in the phone memory. Even the ones I take using the camera through the Gallery program don't show up in the Gallery after.

It was mentioned to use Astro to move the pictures to the SD card, but what directory are they in on the phone memory. I can't seem to find them. But they show up in the generic "Photos" program.

Thanks for any help!

Advertisement
  2. hadisious

hadisious Member

Can you look in Settings - Applications - Gallery
    and tell us what version you are using?

I am using only pictures on my SD card, so it has nothing to do with my connection or picasa, the pictures still do not clear up.
  3. hadisious

hadisious Member

Try the directory emmc\DCIM
  4. fliptwister

fliptwister Well-Known Member

Mine cleans up when I select a photo but does not when I zoom. Please clarify if it cleans up when you zoom.
  5. Musky

Musky Well-Known Member

Thanks! I did find it just after I posted, but thank you!

It's kind of a bummer, I need to leave the camera set to save to phone memory to avoid freezes. So if I want to use this good Gallery program, I have to constantly move the pictures.

Is there a version that will access phone memory?
  6. hadisious

hadisious Member

unlikely because this is a native Nexus One application, and the Nexus One does not have onboard memory.

I have my camera set to auto save to SD card without any freezes. This shouldn't be an issue, do you know what causes it for you?
  7. Trooper

Trooper Well-Known Member

What is this gallery? What's it do? is it just pictures? Sorry for the n00b question.
  8. hadisious

hadisious Member

Its the stock pictures application for the Nexus One. equivalent to our "Photos" application. However this one is a lot cooler than the photos app.

Has a bunch of 3d effects etc...

Search youtube for "nexus one gallery"
  9. Musky

Musky Well-Known Member

I have tried several of the "fixes" mentioned in the forums, and a combination of having it save to phone memory and starting the camera app while the phone is held vertically, and then, once it's running I can use it vertically or horizontally. seems to stop the freezes.

It doesn't freeze often enough to make me get a replacement. I don't use the camera that often and don't want to sacrifice the hours it's taken me to get the phone set up the way I want it. I am hoping a future software update will solve the issue.

So right now, it's just annoying :mad:
  10. drhill

drhill Well-Known Member

I'm using 30682. After I select a pic and it cleans up. I zoom it and it looks blurry (very) for a second and then cleans up. These pics are from picasa and I believe they are capped at 1065
  11. hadisious

hadisious Member

12. chepes3x

chepes3x Well-Known Member

Works perfect for me...the only lil problem is the resolution ...can change it to 8m
  13. chepes3x

chepes3x Well-Known Member

Fliptwister...
    Can U post the Barcode for the news and wather witget(nexus one)
  14. Howie

Howie Well-Known Member

15. slumpey

slumpey Well-Known Member

how do you install an apk file
  16. Howie

Howie Well-Known Member

use most file managers from the Market. If you have dropbox installed it will do it as well (that's how I send them to my Incredible and install).
  17. renesis22

renesis22 Well-Known Member

Ohh, this is much better than the stock gallery that's included with the Incredible! It does seem to hesitate 1/2 a second though~ It's alright though!
  18. DevHead

DevHead Well-Known Member

Sorry. Newbie, but what does gallery apk do? :confused:
  19. Howie

Howie Well-Known Member

see post 32 and 33 of this thread
  20. DevHead

21. fliptwister

Here is download barcode for News and Weather widget (Version 1.1.7):
    [​IMG]
  22. craigrn16

craigrn16 Well-Known Member

23. DevHead

I just downloaded Update 2.
  24. fliptwister

25. ramcharger1979

ramcharger1979 Well-Known Member

I just found an issue with the camera working. After you take a photo the camera does not shut off.