2.1 Gallery, cannot view resolution photos

Last Updated:

1. kings92000

kings92000 New Member This Topic's Starter

I have photos I took with my 10mp camera and put them on my droid and before I updated to 2.1 when I zoomed in, it didn't lose any resolution. Now with 2.1 when I zoom in it looks blurry. So now I can't view the photos in it's full resolution. Anyone else have this problem?

Advertisement
  2. Gunner

Gunner Well-Known Member

Yep, this is a known problem. I believe the devs of the app did it for speed sake, at the cost of resolution. I'd also prefer to have the full resolution, even if it takes an extra second to zoom in.

3. bjamerican

bjamerican Well-Known Member

I just noticed this tonight as well. The pictures look terrible in the new 2.1 gallery. The resolution is very low and the colors have banding (especially on blue skies).

This needs to be fixed quickly! We have a beautiful 854x480 screen, but can't view high resolution photos. :confused:

4. cggorman

cggorman Well-Known Member

I'm on the fence with this issue. I've got pics at 1600x1200 that look great...and at full size I can only see half the pic. I've also got some pics from my 12mp cam that I can't zoom to full resolution...but that would be a small corner of the pic anyway...

Tradeoffs... I guess for handheld sharing its adequate and saves both speed and space...

Would be nice to have the option, I guess.