• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

2.1 gallery: too many pics! (app icons, screen graphics, etc.)

cggorman

Android Enthusiast
Mar 25, 2010
Was working fine yesterday... this morning I mountd the sd and created a "pics" and a "movies" folder from my desktop. Created on sd root. Each of those also had another older inside them named "private". Then I moved a couple pics (JPEG & GIF) and small vids (3g2) to each of the four folders. After I unmounted and fired up the gallery, it said it was loading for 20 minutes before I killed it. Tried again after renaming the movies folder to videos and deleted both the private subfolders. Also moved the files from the subfolder to the respective parent folder. Did all this in astro. Fired up the gallery again and loaded up at least 100 different folders all but three or four containing application and system graphics.

I obviously can't delete these folders, but I don't know how to make the gallery behave properly.

Help! TIA!

OK....I got a crapload of folders named "drawable (xxxx)", some have various app images, some have pictures of a chihuahua, some have pics at the beach with a dude and child..a black and white cat, splash page image of a app called jetboy...couple different flag icons (canada, USA, germany, france), android icons, navigation icons, folder icons...

other folders named "hello (xxxx)", "home (xxxx)", "HVGA (xxxx)", "images (xxxx)", "QVGA (xxxx)"

etc.

NONE of these are MY pics. since some of them are clearly not application images and also aren't sample images, I wonder if they came burried in this NexBeast ROM on accident...

Note: xxxx represents various suffixes to the base file name. in some cases they're numbered and others they have words.

Upvote 0
Found them! I forgot that I saved a folder of the various files needed to hack the phone. Did a file search looking for one of the mystery pics and it turned up in the Android-sdk-windows zip. It had most (if not all) of those pic in it. Any that weren't there were killed off with .nomedia files.

just that one zip had about 450 image files in it...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones