2.1 HTC Live Weather Widget Animation?General

Last Updated:

1. naflsh

naflsh New Member This Topic's Starter

First time post but have been looking at your site for about two months now. I figured I would register and ask a question. I have been using the HTC weather widget on my Eris 2.1 Leak, and it works fine with updates and temp, but I did notice that it only does the live animation when you first put it on the screen. From then on it never does any other animations. I thought that it would animate every time it updates. Is this a flaw in the 2.1 leak or is it the way it works? Also I installed the Leak on the 4th and have had no problems with it at all. I got rid of some of my apps that didn't work but other wise I love it. Still can't wait till the real OTA comes out!!

Advertisement
  2. dirtmouth

dirtmouth Well-Known Member

that seems to be how it works, when you un lock is the only few seconds to see that. or thats all ive seen it do. :)

3. zigzackattack

zigzackattack Well-Known Member

My question is whether there will be any way to keep the weather animations going when the phone gets rooted. I would love for my phone to be constantly be rained on (or in)

4. jerryrp

jerryrp Member

FYI....
    If you click on the HTC widget and press the menu button there is an option called Demo and you can cycle through all the different animations...

5. naflsh

naflsh New Member This Topic's Starter

In all the videos I have seen it shows the animations right on the screen going over your other widgets. I was hoping every time it updated you would see what was the current weather. I have other apps, beautiful weather, and weather bug, and one other but out of them all beautiful weather is the best do to the animation of the weather. But even that one you have to hit the weather to see it. I guess I want to much. Hope it works on the real version on 2.1.

6. maddawg

maddawg Member

Do the animations only work if you use the big widget with the clock, temp and date or will they work with the smaller ones too?

7. truelove79

truelove79 Well-Known Member

I hope it works no matter which widget you use as I don't use the big clock one. I use the 2x2 weather widget. Can someone with 2.1 check into this? Does it (the full screen animation) work with the smaller weather widgets too?

8. OfTheDamned

OfTheDamned The Friendly Undead VIP Member

It still works on the full screen weather widget, but not the little ones. It isn't really the same though. The clock/weather widget has the rain falling all of the screen and running down the screen plus the windshield wiper. The full screen widget just has some rain and the wiper.

9. truelove79

truelove79 Well-Known Member

Boooooooooo. I wonder why. I suppose they assume if you don't want the weather widget taking up very much of your screen, you don't want to be bothered with the full screen animation either.