• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

2.1 in 4Q Its Official.

Here's the direct link to SE's announcement:

Sony Ericsson Xperia™ X10 to get UXP upgrade in Q4 2010

And this is the more immediately important quote:

I would also like to emphasise that there will be an additional smaller software update, already in the next couple of weeks aiming to enhance the usability and performance of Xperia™ X10. In the next post, I will share more details and precise timings for when this update will be released.

We all knew we'd have to await a while for an OS update, as even the best rumors were saying "September". At least a firmware update that fixes known performance issues like battery life, call volume (not something I've experienced) and other niggling issues like that will be here soon, and hopefully quiet some of the more major concerns with this phone.

Overall I'm quite pleased with my X10, but I really can't understand why SE is going to Eclair (2.1) rather than FroYo (2.2) with the OS update? The "Q4" timeframe they give means they have at minimum 4 months left to work on updating UX to the newer OS (an likely longer when the work they've already done is taken into account), and 7 months is a more likely estimate (quarter-based timelines almost always seem to mean the end of the designated quarter).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones