• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Motorola has publically announced that the release for 2.1 (with MotoBlur) will be shipped out sometimes in Q2. Well Q2 ends June 30th.

News reports are also stating that Motorola has turned over a final version of 2.1 (with MotoBlur) over to T-mobile for OTA updates to be shipped out.

My best guess would be we'll be recieving the updates sometime in the next few weeks. If not, T-Mobile and Motorola really have some 'splainin to do!!!

Upvote 0
man i cant wait i wanna c what the 2.1 base can do with the moto blur i relly love the moto blur set up just if this phone dont get a update soon like tomorrow lol i thinking iam going back to the g1 or mytouch slide or can some one build a wrking 2.1 rom for the cliq plzzzzzzzzzzz

I'm hopin they'll make it so I can pick and choose which facebook contacts to import cause I don't want ALL 392 friends in my phone

Upvote 0
With the significant performance improvements that went out in Froyo, 300% faster in some cases... I can wait a little longer to receive the update. However, if 2.2 isn't going to be released for the CliQ until Q4 of this year or later, I would like the 2.1 update. It's frustrating having 1.5 when everyone else and their uncle has 2.0 or later. I mean, even the G1 has 1.6. WTF!

Upvote 0
Hey I have an evo and as much as I love it, sprint is killing my experience. I'm also having some issues with HTC and build quality. Personally I'm considering this phone. It's nowherenear my evo but t-mobile is better here and I want to leave HTC.

Personal I don't think 2.1 will come to this device until after those new Verizon phones come out. Why? I think the new blur
Will come to the cliqs
Sent from Carmen's HTC Evo

Upvote 0
So my GF has a droid and got the 2.1 upgrade. I use the shit out of my cliq and dont see anything on her phone that I would need on mine. So i dont understand what the big deal is there is nothing that cool about the upgrade. I think people just want the upgrade just to upgrade.

because 75% of the apps being released today wont run on outdated Android.

ESPN released Gamecenter to android............ we can't get it.

Gamefly has an app for android......... can't get that either.

The zoo here has an app........ 1.6 and up only.

Sure Madden 2009 was released on Playstation 2 and it was fun but it was better on Playstation 3........... and Madden 10......... well that was not on Playstation 2 at all.

Upvote 0
because 75% of the apps being released today wont run on outdated Android.

ESPN released Gamecenter to android............ we can't get it.

Gamefly has an app for android......... can't get that either.

The zoo here has an app........ 1.6 and up only.

Sure Madden 2009 was released on Playstation 2 and it was fun but it was better on Playstation 3........... and Madden 10......... well that was not on Playstation 2 at all.

i complety agree with my man no one wants out date softwear

Upvote 0
So my GF has a droid and got the 2.1 upgrade. I use the shit out of my cliq and dont see anything on her phone that I would need on mine. So i dont understand what the big deal is there is nothing that cool about the upgrade. I think people just want the upgrade just to upgrade.

well there are a lot of apps that I have not tried that I want to try but I can't try because they require AOS 1.6 or higher.

Upvote 0
Currently Being Moderated
Jun 30, 2010 12:01 PM

CLIQ 2.1 upgrade - news

For those asking for an update regarding a software upgrade on CLIQ in the U.S., we've made a decision to take more time on the release to optimize the experience in some key areas. We will continue to work to deliver it as soon as possible and apologize that we have been unable to provide an upgrade to these users in Q2 as planned.

We are working hard to provide an upgrade to Android 2.1 as soon as we can. Our consumers’ experience is our first priority and we will provide an upgrade when we can deliver the best possible user experience.

Upvote 0
Currently Being Moderated
Jun 30, 2010 12:01 PM

CLIQ 2.1 upgrade - news

For those asking for an update regarding a software upgrade on CLIQ in the U.S., we've made a decision to take more time on the release to optimize the experience in some key areas. We will continue to work to deliver it as soon as possible and apologize that we have been unable to provide an upgrade to these users in Q2 as planned.

We are working hard to provide an upgrade to Android 2.1 as soon as we can. Our consumers

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones