2.1 leak is it worth it?General

Would you recommend downloading 2.1 Leak?

1. Yes

39 vote(s)
    66.1%
  2. No

7 vote(s)
    11.9%
  3. Unsure yet

13 vote(s)
    22.0%

Last Updated:

1. Syv3n

Syv3n Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So those of you who have downloaded 2.1, Are you happy with it?

I am extremely happy with it and feel like I have the best phone on the market right now..Ya the Nexus One and Moto Droid may be faster but now this phone looks sweet is on Verizon network and seems a lot faster and does so much more cool stuff. What do the rest of you think? Would you recommend downloading to those people who haven't?

OK I already made this thread but the Mod decided to lock it for no reason..Mod if you look the poll you linked IS NOT THE SAME
    maybe you should check all the other duplicates and lock those..I was simply asking a question and poll that hasn't no been asked yet.

Advertisement
  2. Demos16

Demos16 Active Member

I would def recommend downloading it. If there is an update to the build we will get that OTA. I really don't see the downside.

3. Podivin

Podivin VIP Member VIP Member

Without a doubt.

4. IzelTokatl

IzelTokatl Well-Known Member

I would say no, even though I enjoy it, wait for the official since they should fix the bugs before its released. There are too many bugs especially for different people different bugs. Be patient and wait for a final version.

5. BoulderAndroidFan

BoulderAndroidFan Well-Known Member

It hasn't buggered up my phone as much as what others seem to experiencing. It is a lot of work to install all the apps and set up the phone the way I had it but it's been fun overall. No one else has really mentioned this, but I think my phone handles multitasking better now. It may seem slower in animation, but it seems to handle multiple open apps with more efficiency and less lag. That's all without using a task ender, which I still have loaded but only to view what running in the background.

6. jr313

jr313 Well-Known Member

Qiuck question....So if u install this update will u b able to recieve the official update from verizon?

7. OfTheDamned

OfTheDamned The Friendly Undead VIP Member

You can't uninstall the update. Once it is on your phone, it is on your phone until the next update.

8. HuskyKMA

HuskyKMA Well-Known Member

jr313 didn't mean uninstall, he meant "you install". He is just challenged on using proper English.

9. Kevkelsar

Kevkelsar Well-Known Member

Most likely yes, as the majority of updates simply check your device for a lower version, and if it is a lower version it will upgrade.

10. ThrillKill

ThrillKill Well-Known Member

does this version support multiple excahnge accounts?

11. mj_b90

mj_b90 Well-Known Member

It's almost like having a new phone. Very worth it in my opinion. I was having problems right after upgrading, but after a hard reset it's running great now.

12. gruss

gruss Well-Known Member

Not a choice for "it depends". If your phone is your toy and you like fiddling with it, then hellz yeah boi do it!!! It really is cool. If this is your only phone and/or you have it set up just the way you like it, i'd wait for OTA hoping that you don't have to reload everything on your phone. It is very nice but not so nice I'd want to spend the weekend getting everything right for a workday on Monday ya know.

13. RubberDucker

RubberDucker Well-Known Member

I'd do it. But I'd also not got Ape-Sh*t and install a bunch of stuff on it. I'm sure we'll be re-updating it soon. I'm already thinking of doing it again with Caddy's latest link. Just to see if it is different. I know OTD did it. I haven't read everything regarding her experience to see if it was worth while or not... Still reading.

14. TheBr0ken

TheBr0ken Active Member

Article about the OTA here

Not too worried about it since I'm sure I can manually download it later

15. tsvb

tsvb New Member

This update works great. I don't know why anyone wouldn't want to upgrade. My Eris runs so much better now.

16. TheBr0ken

TheBr0ken Active Member

I agree but if u can wait then more power to you. I am very inpatient and couldn't wait. Plus there are some that really shouldn't try to update.

17. mobimop

mobimop Well-Known Member

It's great, however the phone did slow down to a crawl today this evening and it was the first time I've ever had to power off the phone and restart it, never had to do that with 1.5. However it's nice that Google Voice no longer force closes on a reboot. It's so snappy it's almost a pleasure to make calls on it again. Anyways once the Nexus comes out on Big Red I might jump, I need speed and lots of it... :)

18. JrzDroid

JrzDroid Well-Known Member

simple answer to op

YES

19. ericDylan

ericDylan Well-Known Member

i dont know i mean 30 minutes ago i was one of those people and i would have agreed with you. now i am not saying that everyone should do it but i am by no means tech savvy and i was able to. im just saying that even if someone isnt so tech smart if they really want to do it they should because it is really hard to mess your phone up doing this with all the tutorials and what not... its not like you have to know how to write the code ;)