2.1 Leak stock keyboard...General

Last Updated:

1. DocTauri

DocTauri Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I've noticed a couple of bugs in the stock keyboard for the 2.1 leak:
    In portrait mode, if you overshoot the space bar, and press underneath it, it causes the keyboard to close.

And in landscape mode, if you press the grey area to the right of the "L" key, it does the same.

Now that I verbalize it, it seems more like the sensitivity areas for the home/menu/return/search keys may be a little larger than they were in 1.5, maybe even extending nearly into the keyboard. I notice myself getting kicked out of typing a lot more due to this than I did with 1.5. I've tried recalibrating but that doesn't seem to help.

Anyone else notice this or is it maybe just me?

Advertisement
  2. entelechy3

entelechy3 Well-Known Member

Yeah, I've definitely noticed it. From my perspective, it's not so much a bug as it is just a design quirk (I'd call it a flaw, but it may just be that it wasn't designed for my big old ape-hands).

When I first started using the Eris after 2 years with an iPhone, I was CONSTANTLY hitting the period key when i wanted to hit the spacebar. But now, yeah, since I switched to 2.1, I don't know if they've changed sensitivities, but I accidentally hit the "back" and "menu" haptic buttons a LOT more when trying to hit space, and I find myself hitting the keyboard preferences button a ton as well.

Don't know if they changed something or if it's just in our heads, but I can at least tell you it's not just you :)

3. datruth585

datruth585 Member

4. Le0_Br4zUc4

Le0_Br4zUc4 Well-Known Member

I did notice some bugs too and it is on my girl's phone, does anyone know how I go back to the stock 1.5 to avoid this issues she is having?

5. DocTauri

DocTauri Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

As of yet, it's unpossible [sic].