After getting 2.1 OTA, after a week or so my signal went from 3-4 bars all the time to 1 bar. I tried doing *228 a few times per week to make sure I had the most up-to-date software but to no avail. Today I figured what the hell, I'll call Verizon to see if they have anything for me. Sure enough after about 30 minutes on the phone (the tech gave me very slow and deliberate instructions ), I am back up to hovering between 3 and 4 bars. This is what he instructed me to do: 1) Menu > settings > wireless & networks > mobile networks > system select and change to automatic 2) He asked me to take the battery out while the phone is still on (he called it a soft reset) but I just restarted the phone because I couldn't get my case off. 3) Had me run *228 select option 2 4) Once the phone rebooted, we had me place a test call and he called it to make sure I was still receiving calls. Now I am getting good signal! I hope this helps others out there.